▪️Chapter 21▪️

"Would you stop pacing?" Cole asked feeling irritated by her constant movement.

"I can't!" Erilian threw her hands up while she glared at Cole. "My nerves won't let me."

"Why are you so nervous anyways?" asked Andrea who was sitting next to Cole.

When the lunch bell had rung, Cole and Andrea had walked straight towards their usual table before deciding to wait for the others under a tree where they found Erilian pacing. Elena had abandoned them saying she had something to do in the music room while Lucas and Jason still hadn't shown up.

Ignoring Andrea's question, Erilian continued to pace. Cole sighed as he watched her. Jason walked out of the building, looked towards their usual table frowning before he spotted them sitting under the tree. "What gives?"

Andrea shrugged. "No reason."

"Where's Lucas?" asked Cole when he saw Jason was alone. Erilian stopped pacing.

"Oh, the guy had to stay behind. The teacher wanted to discuss something with him." he shrugged before looking at Andrea. "Wanna get something to eat?"

"Sure." Andrea stood up before he pulled her closer and kissed her temple as the two walked towards the cafeteria.

"Lian, relax, it will be fine." Cole tried to calm her down.

"What do I do Cole? What do I say? Do I just give him the cupcakes? Will he even like like them?" she looked worried.

"Lian, your worrying over nothing," he said calmly. "I'm sure it will all work out just fine."

"What are you guys doing here?" asked Lucas while he took the spot Andrea was occupying next to Cole a second ago.

Erilian froze.

"It felt like a 'sit under a tree' day." Cole waved him off. "What took you so long anyway?"

Lucas groaned in annoyance. "The teacher wanted to discuss our upcoming project. Apparently, I can't work on it alone anymore."

"Why?"

"Because usually, my partners involve girls who have things in mind that does not include doing the project."

"Why don't you ask Jason to be your partner?"

Lucas looked up at him with wide eyes then frowned. "Why didn't I think of that? Where is he anyway?" he looked around, feeling stupid.

"He and Andrea went back into the cafeteria," replied Cole. "Speaking of which, I'm gonna get something to eat. Keep Lian company till I get back." he stood up and Erilian sent him a frantic look but he had already walked away.

He walked into the cafeteria and bumped into Jason and Andrea who were about to walk out towards them. He told them they should eat inside.

The two looked at each other before shrugging and agreeing. The three sat down in the far corner where Andrea and Jason started to bicker before Jason groaned and apologized.

Cole just shook his head in amusement before he left the two and went back outside. He sat on top of their usual table with his fingers laced and his elbows on his thighs. From where he was, he could see Erilian and Lucas clearly.

The two were engaged in a careless conversation. He could clearly see that Erilian wasn't feeling as nervous as she did before. Her ocean-blue eyes were bright as she talked about something while her lips twitched like she was trying hard not to laugh until laughter broke out.

He turned to look at his best friend who had his arms crossed with an amused look. His heart clenched at the sight of them. Why was he feeling so hurt? Wasn't he supposed to be happy for them?