▪️Chapter 40▪️

After Elena had blacked out, Rivera and his men had apparently stormed the house when he received no answer from his son, Charles, or anyone else that was supposed to be at the house. He was quite surprised when he arrived and found Charles's men out of it. Sensing that something was wrong, he and his men scouted the area before they took out the remaining intruders. There were exactly fifteen other intruders excluding the five men Elena had taken out.

When they found the others, the first thing they did was contact Elena's team and asked Scott to take a look at her. The boys wanted to take her to the hospital but Charles refused to let them go explaining that she wouldn't want that and all the complications it would lead to if they found out who she was. So instead, they let Scott, who was once a medical student, treat and care for her. He had said that she was fine and neither did she have a concussion either, something they had all been worried about.

Lucas and Cole was adamant about taking her back to their place along with Blake, who was thankfully unharmed and had slept throughout the entire thing. There was no way they would take her back to her family unconscious and looking like she had been in a brutal fight, which she technically had been.

The next morning, Charles had called them and told them to come to his hotel as soon as they could, that he had something important he needed to talk to them about. Elena hadn't woken up yet and the boys were debating over whether to leave her or not when she suddenly woke up and demanded to know what happened. Since the boys didn't know much either, they thought it would be better to take her with them instead.

"Are you sure you're okay to do this?" asked Cole, who turned around to look at Elena sitting in the back seat of his brand new car that she had gifted him for Christmas. A black Bugatti that had been sitting in her garage for about a year and he had immediately fell in love with it, going as far as to joke about stealing it one day.

"Sweetheart, we should probably take you to the hospital for a checkup," Lucas, who was sitting right next to her, stroked her hair worriedly while she laid her head on his chest.

She rolled her eyes. "Relax mother, I'm fine," she said as she sat up. "Scott said I was fine, I just have to take it easy. Now let's go, I want to know what happened after you took me back to your place," she said, opening the door of the backseat and stepping out, Lucas following behind her as Cole locked the car behind him as they made their way inside.

"Finally!" sighed out Charles when the three walked into his office. Standing up from his chair in his maroon suit, he started to walk towards the door. "Follow me," he told them and walked out.

The three looked at each other in confusion before they did as he said. "Charles, you said you would explain it as soon as we got here, we're here, explain," demanded Elena impatiently.

"Impatient little brat," huffed Charles while he rolled his eyes, glad to see she up and about.

"What?!" Elena exclaimed in annoyance as the other two snickered at her to which she sent them a vicious glare that shut them up. "Charles!"

He suddenly stopped and placed his hand in the top of her head, smiling gently. "I'm glad your okay," he said sincerely while she smiled at the man who was like a second father to her.

"Now do any of you remember the name Warren?" he asked, as he turned away and pressed the button for the elevator that opened a second later and they stepped in.

The three were quiet as they tried to remember the name while they leaned against the elevator doors. "He was the name that we got out of Xavier, something to do with the missing racers," Lucas recalled.

"Exactly." nodded Charles, pleased that one of them at least remembered.

"And?" asked Cole. "Did you find anything?"