▪️Chapter 38▪️

The ballroom was decorated with beautiful lights and a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the room. The chatter of people mixed with Christmas songs played in the background. Waiters, dressed in white, were walking around serving glasses of champagne to the guests who were all dressed in different tuxes and beautiful dresses, scattered around the red and green-themed ballroom. Erilian caught the sight of her sister talking to an older couple with Lucas by her side while Andrea and Jason were talking to a group behind them that Erilian identified as the people they played 'Hide and Seek' with.

She saw Cole making his way over towards Jason and Andrea. Usually, she would be nervous and not dare be the centre of attention, but this time she was out for revenge. Taking a deep breath, she walked towards her sister and the others in confidence, showing off her figure perfectly. A few eyes turned to look at her as she passed by.

Her sister caught her eye and waved her over before she introduced her to the others. "I didn't know you had such a beautiful sister," said the motherly-looking female, taking Erilian's hands in hers as she examined her.

"She's such a beautiful thing," said the male. "I would love for you to meet my son," he told her and she laughed before she turned to see Cole glaring at the old man.

"Dad, please stop," said Jackson O'Connor, appearing beside her. "I'm sorry," he apologised to her. "Please ignore my old man. Apparently, he's too eager to find me a wife." he glared at his dad.

"Well, youre not getting any younger, Jack!" scolded his father.

"Dad!" Jackson groaned in annoyance.

"It's fine," she waved him off. "Don't worry about it," she laughed with the others.

Lucas leaned down and asked Elena to dance before she nodded and he swept her away. Jason, Andrea, and the O'Connors following their lead.

"May I ask for a dance to make it up to you?" Jackson asked her offering his hand.

"Of cour-"

"I'm sorry but I believe that honour is mine," Cole, appearing out of nowhere, offered him a thoughtful smile as he grabbed Erilian's hand and pulled her along mumbling something that sounded like 'stupid O'Connors'. Erilian chuckled as he spun her and pulled her close watching her with narrowed eyes. She smirked in triumphant and he rolled his eyes. He twirled her and she laughed.

"Looking good," complimented Elena as she and Lucas passed them by with their own matching grins.

"I love this," laughed Andrea, drunk on happiness.

They continued the evening with more dances and laughter. Different performers were called onto the stage and Elena even did a few songs with the band along with Hazel Dunham, Victor Vaughan, and Justin Kingsley. Elena introduced Andrea to almost all of the celebrities including a famous photographer after they had dinner.

Cole and Erilian were at dance floor again before long. Their little game had ended after Harvey showed up and ruined the mood for them. Cole had been a fist away from beating up the poor boy before Elena and Lucas were successfully able to get the kid away for the rest of the night by having him spend the evening with his parents that Elena happened to know personally.

"Well this might have been one of the best Christmas breaks I've ever had," said Erilian leaning in his chest as they danced.

"Hmm," Cole hummed in agreement. "It would be if all those other men stopped looking at you."

She chuckled and looked up to see him glaring at someone. "Relax, it's not like they're seeing something their not supposed to," she told him mischievously and picked up her leg when he dipped her, showing off her skin.