▪️Chapter 9▪️

When the school day was finally over on Friday, Lucas had asked Elena to meet them at their house. They had all taken a seat in the game room. After trying to make her feel comfortable, they had explained that they needed her help with gaining information from someone before they showed her the phone.

She took one look at the picture and knew why they needed her help. She looked up at the two boys with an irritated expression. "You dimwits!" she exclaimed throwing the phone back at them and standing up. "I should have known."

"Wait, calm down," Lucas held up his hands while Cole caught the phone.

"Are you serious right now?" she glared at him and started to pace around the room. "Do you know who that is?"

"Xavier Desales?" offered Cole.

"Exactly!" she exclaimed and stopped pacing. "Xavier freaking Desales, also known as 'The womanizer'. He uses his charms and good looks to bed women and if that doesn't work he drugs them. And now you want me to get information out of him?"

"I know what we're asking might be a lot, but the information he has is too valuable, we need to get it no matter what," said Cole looking at her seriously. "Besides I know your too smart to fall for his charms."

"And the drugs?" she asked with a raised brow.

"We've taken precautions for that," said Lucas.

"And that would be?" she turned to him.

"We'll be there with you," he said confidently.

"Yes, and that makes everything much safer," she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"You just have to trust us." Cole sighed with a tight smile.

"Trust isn't something you build within a day, you dimwit." she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"So you've said," he mumbled sinking into the sofa.

"Where's the bathroom?" she asked, needing a second to herself.

"Straight ahead and around the corner, first door to your right," explained Lucas.

"You think she'll do it?" Cole asked once she was gone.

"I hope so," said Lucas watching the place she disappeared to. The two continued to talk about the plan and how to make it bulletproof.

"What's taking her so long?" asked Lucas when Elena didn't come back. "Should we go check up on her?"

"Let's give her a second to herself, I'm sure she's just thinking about everything." Cole shrugged before she walked into the room.

"We were starting to wonder if you would ever come back," said Lucas with a teasing smile as she reclaimed her seat.

Elena didn't answer him as she stared into space. She leaned forward with her elbows on her thighs and her fingers laced. The two looked at her confused when she didn't move.

"Kitty, you alright?" asked Cole leaning forward in his own seat.

She looked up to him with clouded eyes like she wasn't seeing what was in front of her. "What?"

"Elena, what's wrong?" asked Lucas, studying her pale face and unfocused eyes.

Elena shook her head and forced herself to focus on him. "Sorry I was just thinking about something," she said and stood up. "Alright, so how are we going to do this?" she asked crossing her arms as the two stood up as well.

Cole, and Lucas looked at each other before turning to her with questioning gazes but said nothing. "So you'll do it?" asked Cole to make sure she was serious.