▪️Chapter 16▪️

After the bomb that Kent had dropped on them, they were all too shocked to speak. After a while, they had all started to talk about what they would do next. Elena had sent the twins back on their original assignment, telling them not to worry and to try and find anything they thought would be useful. Scott returned to racing around different parts of the city with the intention of finding out anything he could about the disappearing racers. Kent was in charge of looking over their region and making sure nothing happened. If he saw anything suspicious he would report in immediately as well as coordinate with Charles's men.

Elena, Lucas, and Cole had spent more time together while they did their own hunt for information. Elena had barely spent any time at home with all the things she had to take care of, she failed to realize that her sister had been trying to find different reasons to spend time with her. She continued making up excuses for all her disappearances. After what seemed like forever, she and the others finally decided to give it a rest after they seemed to hit a dead-end.

Elena decided to spend the day with her sister and asked her what she wanted to do. Erilian had immediately demanded her sister bake her something. It had been a while since Elena had baked or cooked anything and Erilian had woken up that morning craving her sister's strawberry tart.

"Is it done yet?" asked Erilian laying her head on the kitchen table with an impatient look, watching the oven while her sister was busy on her phone.

"No Eri. I told you, asking the same question every ten minutes won't change the answer. It will be done when it's done," Elena who was sitting on top of the kitchen counter, reading the emails from Cliff, informed her.

Erilian huffed and left the kitchen after that, not being able to handle the sweet alluring smell of baked goods until they were done. She decided to wait in the living room watching some kind of romcom to pass the time. Halfway throughout the second movie, Elena appeared with the homemade cookies, the Strawberry-almond tart, and icecream. Erilian's eyes, however, were glued to the tart. Elena placed all the things on the table and Erilian quickly went for the tart, as soon as she took her first bite, she melted in happiness. The sweetness was unlike anything you could ever replicate.

"I don't know how you do it, but your baking is the best there is," complimented Erilian devouring the whole plate in a few seconds.

"Flattery I see," mused Elena taking a seat on the sofa opposite to her sister and scooping out some ice cream.

"I'm not flattering you," denied Erilian, finishing her tart. "I'm stating a fact. I can just imagine the jealous look on Iris when I tell her you baked me a strawberry tart."

"You're supposed to savour that, you know," said Elena watching her sister in amusement. "And don't you dare tell her, she'll have my head for this."

Erilian shrugged. "Yeah well, I'll savour my second plate." she reached to grab more. "And my third, and my fourth and fifth."

Elena chuckled at her. "Sure, just make sure to clean up the kitchen when you're done."

"What? Why me?" whined Erilian.

"Because I baked and did the cooking. Sebrina isn't here today so you get to do the cleaning," she said getting up.

"You just say that because you have absolutely no cleaning skills," taunted Erilian with a sly smirk.

Elena glared at before she threw a pillow at her sister. "At least I can cook. All you're good at is burning down the kitchen."

"One time! It was one time El!" glared Erilian. "Get over it! It was an accident."

Elena huffed. "Well then, guess who won't be baking you anything anymore?" she retorted with a sly smirk and crossed her arms.

Erilian immediately whipped her head to look at her sister with narrowed eyes. "You won't dare," she stated confidently. When her sister's smirk grew her confidence wavered. "Right?" she asked weakly.