▪️Chapter 22▪️

Elena rang the doorbell before she looked down on her phone to see a message from Cliff asking her to call him back. She had been sleeping at home before Lucas had texted her to come over right away, and that it was an emergency. Fearing for the worst, she hurried out of the house, not even composing herself, and drove right over.

After what had happened yesterday, she was worried. They had called Charles and he had his men come over to handle things. Charles had taken the intruders with him saying that he would interrogate them. They had the house cleaned up before Charles told them he would contact them if anything came up. Kent had also shown up and demanded that the three see a doctor, but they refused, saying they were alright.

The next day was as if nothing had happened. The three were a little sore, especially Elena, but nothing they couldn't handle.

When the door finally opened, taking a step back, the first thing she asked was, "Why are you shirtless?"

Lucas looked down at his bare torso and sweatpants then smirked at her. Leaning against the door frame with crossed arms, "Does it bother you that I look this good?"

Rolling her eyes, she did the same. "Sure," she said sarcastically. "What's the emergency?" she asked, he looked totally fine.

"I need your help with something," he asked putting his hands together.

She raised a brow at him. "And what would that be?"

"I got a few things I need to get from my parent's house. I need someone to go with me," he confessed with pleading eyes.

"That's your emergency?" she gave him a flat look. He nodded before she sighed out in annoyance. "Why can't Cole do it?" she asked as she walked inside and towards the kitchen, Lucas following behind her.

"Yeah, about that...Cole's kinda busy," he told her scratching the back of his head.

"Doing what?"

She opened the fridge and grabbed a mini bottle before she jumped up on the kitchen counter and gulped down half of the water.

"Family business," he replied as he sat down on the table facing her. "I got a few boxes I need to move so mind helping me out?"

Elena stared at him for a second before agreeing. "Alright, let me just go home and freshen up," she said finishing her water.

"No need," he said with a grin as she raised a brow at him. "We got some spare clothes you can borrow. I noticed you mostly wear hoodies and sweatpants when you're free anyway."

----------------------------------------------

Lucas pulled up in front of his old house before switching off the car engine and climbed out, Elena following suit and stared at the house in front of them. It was a plain-looking, cream two-story house that was identical to every other house in the neighbourhood.

"Come on," he said as he walked up the steps. Unlocking the door, he walked in, Elena following behind him. "My parents aren't home, so I'd like to get all my stuff before they get here."

"What's wrong with your parents?" she asked him as she followed him up to his room. Different boxes were scattered around in different sizes. The first thing that caught her attention was the guitar that laid on the bed.

Without thinking, she walked towards it. Picking it up, she sat down on the bed and played a few notes. "It's beautiful," she commented with a genuine smile.

Lucas nodded with a soft expression on his face. There was something appealing to him about her playing his guitar. "Sure. Now come on," he said as he started to grab the smaller boxes.