▪️Chapter 7▪️

Saturday morning and Cole was peacefully asleep in his darkroom, enjoying the warmth of the covers when Lucas suddenly came barging in.

"Man, wake up!" he exclaimed ripping the warm covers off of his sleeping friend.

"Damn it, let me sleep!" Cole whined as he tried to reach for the covers.

"Come on, Cole! You lazy ass, wake up! We got places to be!" said Lucas trying to wake him up.

"I don't wanna!"

With a shake of his head, Lucas walked towards the bathroom and came back with a bucket of cold water. Without a single warning, he dumped the water on his best friend.

Cole sprung out of his bed dripping wet. "The hell was that for?" he glared.

"Are you awake now?" Lucas asked crossing his arms. "If so, then get dressed. Your mother is asking for you."

Clenching his fists, Cole scoffed. "Why do I have to do what she says?"

"You know exactly why, Cole," said Lucas with a flat look and challenging eyes. The two had a mini stare-down before Cole gave up.

"Fine, Let me just get ready." he sighed as he stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

Lucas was patiently waiting for him when he finally walked out. They passed by a door that was hand-painted with the different shades of green, Cole simply passed by it without a second thought while Lucas took a moment to look at it.

Leaving the house, the two made their way towards Cole's car. Lucas took the driver's seat. When they were a fair distance away from the condo, Cole said, "She reminded you of her, didn't she?"

Lucas gave him a quick sideways glance before refocusing on the road. "She did," he breathed out. "She acts just like her."

"I know, I felt the same," agreed Cole then turned silent. A second later he said, "I miss her, you know."

"I know. But she's gone, Cole. She's not coming back."

"I know. Believe me, I know," said Cole leaning his head against the window. "I've known for two years that she's not coming back. I keep on walking by her room every day without a second glance because I'm scared that if I do look at it, it'll feel like she's gone."

"Cole you need to face reality," said Lucas gently.

"Reality," scoffed Cole. "Speaking of, what do you think about our new teammate?"

"Never expected her to be our little street racer, that's for sure." laughed Lucas.

"She's the black cat," said Cole laughing internally. "She's the girl we've been racing with for the past year and a half. And to think that she would be none other than Elena Matthews."

"Hmm." Lucas looked lost in thought for a second. "That girl is something else."

Cole raised a brow at him. "What about her?" he asked curiously. If there was something Lucas did well, it was seeing things most people didn't.

Lucas frowned. "I'm not sure what it is yet, but that girl is hiding something."

"Of course she's hiding something, everyone is hiding something." scoffed Cole.

"No, there's something about her. She's intriguing," he said, a grin appearing on his face. "Of all the girls I met, she seems to stand out in a way I can't understand, I can't read her. She's like a mystery I want to solve, a puzzle I want to finish so I can see the full picture."

"So she caught your interest?" asked Cole with a sly smirk appearing on his face as he stared at his best friend.

Lucas rolled his eyes. "It's nothing like that."