▪️Chapter 27▪️

"God, my head hurts so much," groaned Elena. Pushing her comforters away, she sat up and rubbed her head to try and ease the throbbing. The light shining from her window only made her headache worse. She reached over her nightstand to grab her phone, instead, she found a glass of water with a bottle of Aspirin and a sticky note attached to the glass reading;

Take these, they'll help.

–Lu

PS. Get some for Cole too, he'll need it just as much as you.

Elena smiled before she took the pills and drank the water. She stood up to get ready for the day. "I am never drinking again," she mumbled to herself as she walked into the bathroom and splashed water on her face.

"El?"

She looked up to see her sister had walked into her room.

"Yeah?" she called out and walked out of the bathroom.

Erilian took one look at her before she went full-on rant mode. "The hell is wrong with you? What did you do last night? You came home bloody drunk, El! You never get drunk! And why aren't you dressed yet? School starts in five minutes! Do you know how long I've been waiting for you downstairs-"

"Erilian!" interrupted Elena as she rubbed her head. "Please, not now. My head hurts."

"I bet it does," Erilian crossed her arms. "Now get ready, I don't want to be late because of you."

"Yeah yeah," Elena waved her off with an irritated expression and walked back into the bathroom to shower. As soon as she was ready, she walked downstairs and found her sister in front of the garage. The two climbed into her car before Elena rested her head on the steering wheel groaning in annoyance as the throbbing came back. "Why the hell did I drink last night?"

"Beats me," Erilian shrugged staring out the window while Elena sent her quick glare.

They stopped by a cafe to get a warmup drink and something to eat before they drove to school. Luckily, they arrived with two minutes to spare. The others were already inside. Erilian sat with Jason and Andrea with a cheerful smile but didn't look back at the other two while Elena took her usual seat between Cole and Lucas. She pulled out a bottle of Aspirins and a mini water bottle from her bag before handing it to Cole who was leaning his head in the table.

He looked at the items then back at her before a grateful smile spread across his lips. "Have I ever told you that you're a lifesaver?" he asked as he quickly downed the pills and water.

"I actually found those this morning with a sticky note saying to get you some too," she told him before she turned to Lucas. "Thank you for that by the way."

"Course," he said while focusing on his worksheet. "Never try to do math with a hangover," he grumbled and rubbed his face. The other two laughed at him before Mr Harrison started the lesson.

------------------------------------------------

Erilian poked her head out of the classroom and looked left then right. The other students had left and the class was empty by now.

"What on earth are you doing?" asked Elena standing in the hallway with an impatient look. "Lunch started about five minutes ago. Hurry up, I didn't get a chance to eat a proper breakfast and I'm not missing lunch because of you."

"Well I never asked you to wait now did I?" Erilian shot back looking around warily.

Elena eyed up her sister suspiciously before she grabbed her by the collar and dragged her out of the classroom ignoring Erilian's protest. "Listen here, I don't know what's up with you, but right now I want food and youre not stopping me," Elena told her.