▪️Chapter 13▪️

"Ah, I'm glad you could make it." Charles looked up to see Elena walk into the office the next day. Abandoning her shades, she took a seat in one of his office chairs. They were currently at one of the hotels that Charles owned. "I have a favour to ask. I need you to check out something for me," he said leaning back in his chair.

"What?" she asked with a raised brow before the door opened again and Lucas and Cole walked in.

They looked at Charles before turning to her with matching smiles in greeting that she returned.

"Heard you needed our help," said Cole taking a seat on the sofa that was against the wall.

"I did." nodded Charles. "I need you to tail someone for me." he pulled out an envelope from under his desk.

"And you couldn't have asked someone else because...?" asked Lucas leaning against the wall next to Cole.

"My men are a bit stretched at the moment and this person knows most of the people who work for me. That and well, given your age I don't suspect he would pay as much attention to you as he would one of mine."

"Who is he?" asked Lucas professionally. Something that had Elena raising a brow at him.

"The eldest son of the Monez."

Elena turned her head to Charles confused. Why would they need to watch Dani? "Why would you want us to tail him?"

Charles looked troubled. "I have my suspicions about something, however, I will tell you once I have proof. For now, I just need you to find out if he's meeting this guy." he handed them a picture of a buff, bald guy with tattoos that he pulled out of the envelope.

Cole picked up the picture with wide eyes. "Isn't this one of the Santiago's right-hand men?"

Elena sneered at the name. Charles sent her a quick worried glance while the other two frowned at her in confusion.

"I just need you to find out if the two are going to meet up tonight, don't do anything, just watch from afar and don't get caught." he was looking directly at Elena. He knew that the other two had no problem doing what he asked of them, It was her he was wary about. She saw the Monez as allies and had worked with them on a couple of occasions, she didn't see why Charles was worried about them. The Santiagos however, was a completely different story to her.

Elena was silent for a while while she thought over all the possibilities why Charles would want them to watch Daniel. She trusted Daniel but she also trusted Charles. "Alright," she said finally. "I'll do it. I suspect they will be going with me too?" she motioned to the other two.

"Yes." nodded Charles, letting out a sigh he pulled out his phone. "Remember what I said, just observe, don't engage in anything, and report back to me as soon as you can. I'll send you the details on the way."

"You owe me, Charles, remember that." Elena stood up as she put her shades back on and walked out the door, Cole following behind her. Lucas however, stayed behind.

"Why are you sending the three of us to do this?" he asked suspiciously. He knew that if he wanted, Charles could have anyone else do it. Including others their age.

Charles eyed him for a second. He knew Lucas, and he knew he couldn't lie to him. "I need her to work with you both and build a more solid relationship," he admitted.

"Why?"

Charles leaned forward with his hands lanced together and a troubled look. "When she finds out he's a Santiago, which she will, it won't be pretty." he slightly shook his head.

"What does she have against the Santiagos?" Lucas asked truly confused.

Charles gave him a calculating gaze. "Tell you what," he said standing up and walking towards him. "Once you've completed this, come find me, both of you, and then we'll talk."