▪️Chapter 24▪️

"You ready for this?" Kent asked Elena who was standing at her left while adjusting his suit. Scott stood at her left wearing the same thing. They were standing in front of the hotel that Charles had told her they would all be meeting at. Taking a deep breath, she nodded before walked forward, the other two following behind her.

Without looking at the receptionist, they walked straight towards the elevator. Scott pressed the top floor before he turned to look at her. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." she answered looking at herself on the elevator walls. She was wearing a white button-down with midnight blue slacks and heels. As usual, her blonde wig was in place as well as her shades. As a precaution, however, she was also wearing brown contact lenses again. Something Victoria insisted on.

When the elevator doors opened, they stepped out to be greeted by Charles and some of his men. "Glad you could make it," he greeted them with an eager smile when he saw them approaching.

She sent him a mischievous grin along with a quick hug. "I couldn't miss it now, could I?" she teased while he laughed.

"Kent, Scott, good to see you both," he nodded at them before turning back to her. "Alright, so a quick heads up, the other higher-ups are already here. They're waiting for us inside to get the meeting started. After that, we'll head downstairs to meet the lower-ranked bosses. Sounds good?" She nodded at him. "Good, now a piece of advice, try to get along with them, and also try to be straightforward with what you want, make them fear you and don't tolerate disrespect," he advised seriously.

"You say that like I don't already."

"Oh I know you do, but this is different." he shook his head. "The reason that we're able to live peacefully, well as peaceful as this life can get, is because of the hierarchy. We five stand at the top and keep each other in check.

"If a single crack is opened then the whole organization will fall and that's never a good thing. It's mainly why we have these meetings. It might sound cliche or whatever you kids say these days, but there's a balance that needs to be kept and if we start fighting amongst each other then the other lower ones, such as the Huntsman, will see it as an opportunity to take us out. Do you understand?"

She soaked in all that he said before she nodded seriously. "Don't worry. As long as they don't give me any trouble then I won't either."

Charles sighed out in relief. "Good, now let's get this thing started," he said and turned to walk towards the conference room while the others followed behind him.

"You finally decided to show up, Charles?" called out a man that she recognized as Levein Monez, the man who oversees the middle of the city. A man in his early forties with hair the colour of rust and jade green eyes.

"Sorry about that Lev, you know how I like to be fashionably late to everything." Charles waved him off.

"We all know about it, it's a horrible habit," laugh out another man, Henery Rosse. A man with dark hair and chocolate skin, and is in charge of the east.

The two stood up to greet him along with Rivera Santiago. They all shook hands before they noticed the other three. "Good to see you again. I'm glad you decided to come," said Rivera as he shook her hand while she returned the greeting.

"Kent Lewis, good to know you'll be joining us," said Henry as he extended his hand.

"Thank you. Although, I do believe you should be saying that to my boss," he said motioning towards Elena.

"Your boss?" asked Levein perplexed before looking at her. Henry and Levein exchanged looks before they burst out laughing.

Charles and Rivera were watching, clearly amused as they took their seats along with Elena, who took the head of the table.