Chapter 6 - Brooke

Shit, I’m so freaking late..

Crap. Shit, hell..

Crap. Fracking crap..

The door shuts, and I’m spinning to attempt to bolt in my towering heels towards the stairs, when I stop to smirk. He’s full on paused, his foot hovering above the ground for a moment, before he gradually places it down. My head tilts, and I bring my lip into lightly nip as I watch his eyes do a triple take of going slowly up and down me.

Heck, that heat in his eyes is incredible. Somehow scorching, and lighting me up, even from over there... 

His eyes finally come back to my face after lingering longer on the strategically hanging neckline of my gorgeous loose white singlet, that’s tucked into the black knee length, skin tight skirt. My hair flutters and swishes while I turn my head to lock my door, the loosely held waves fanning over my shoulders as I step towards him.

“Hi neighbor. Let me just shut that jaw of yours…”

Deacon’s head shakes out, before his eyes flick down me once more, a light redness tinging his cheeks slightly.

“Hell, that’s what you wear for work?”

I smile brightly back at him, enjoying every… freaking… moment.. of this.

“Yes, indeed.”

One of his hand’s comes up to scratch the back of his head, his eyes still locked on me.

“I ain’t gonna lie… but you seriously look like every teenage boys fantasy of a sexy receptionist, or fuck, even a damn teacher... If you were wearing glasses, I would have ducked back into my apartment, and hid.”

Giggling at him, I continue on past, pausing as our shoulders brush even, before leaning my head to drop my voice in his ear. Using the breathy tone I know from experience that works so well on a man’s fantasy, and trying not to giggle at the way he straightens up fast.

“Then you would be delighted to know, while I prefer contacts, I do have a pair of glasses that work.. damn well.. with this outfit.”

I can still hear his deep growl at me as I push the door to the stairs open, and loosing it laughing while I descend down.

I manage to get through the majority of my day without running into my boss’s nephew, but run out of luck as the elevator comes to a stop on the third floor.

Running one finger along my lip, my eyes stay on my phone while I completely stare at it, and try not to giggle at the selfie Deacon’s just sent me. Flexing away the muscles in one of his arms, the strain easy to make out, as he lifts some impressive weights.

For someone who claims he has no photo taking skills, he’s done an amazing job with this one. I’m not even entirely sure how he even took it himself, to be honest…

The angle would have been incredibly awkward…

The moment the elevator dings I look up, just catching him as he steps on, his eyes finding me while a grin spreads across his face. Ah, heck.

It was a pleasant day until now, although I’m not surprised he found me. He always seems too. If anything it’s odd it’s taken this long…

Usually I turn around, and bam, there he is..

His eyes roam down me, and I suppress the shudder that tries to creep up my back. The guy can not take no for an answer, and my usual harsh tactic would most likely get me fired instantly. Whether my boss loves me or not, I can’t exactly slam his nephew in the balls, AND get away with it.