Chapter 16 - Brooke

He looks calmer than I would have guessed while he tuts around his kitchen, filling a small backpack with the things he needs, before heading off for his first client. My legs swing away on the stool by the island, his shirt creeping higher up my thighs as I go, while I lean my elbows on top to watch him. Deacon pauses, staring off into space for a moment like he's doing a mental check list, and I try my hardest not to laugh.

"Right, I think I have everything... Wait.. yep, I do. Oh shit, where'd I leave that?.."

My head turns to follow as he darts to the lounge room, his eyes scouring the place, before lunging for something on the small coffee table in there.

".. Ok, this is my tablet, it never leaves the apartment so doesn't have a password or anything, but can access my Netflix account on it, if you wanna watch anything. Big ass button on the remote is the ON for the TV, and the green one is to get to the right screen for it... Ah, shortie?.."

I'm staring at him wide eyed as he holds out the tablet for me to take, unable to form words.

Seriously, what is going on today???

First his apartment, and now he's giving me unlimited access to his private tablet, AND Netflix account. I mean your saved list on there is like the twenty first century version of a diary. It's generally personal, and private, a little insight into yourself.

I'm still just blinking at him when he starts to move around the bench, his hand coming to run under my chin, and bringing my face back to his.

".. Hey, did I loose you there?"

Finally blinking my eyes, I look up at him, and how amazing he's been in all this. I have no idea what's holding him back from relationships, or what happened to him in the past, but I can put enough together to know how huge this is for him.

Although, the absolute calmness of him still baffles me.

"Sorry, my bad, blanked for a moment. Netflix, remote, telly, right I accept, and... thank you... Deacon, I mean it re.."

He smiles briefly down at me, before cutting my words off as his mouth crashes into mine again. I'm breathless as he pulls back, utterly surprised by his kiss, and at the same time craving so much more.

"Right, back at three... ish. My last client tries to make it drag some days.. Hell, they try every session, but ahh, back way before four, promise. And we'll order something in for dinner."

I nod along, smiling brightly back at him while freaking the frig out, before he grabs his bag and backs up to leave.

"I'll be right here.. possibly after some minor snooping around first."

The look he gives me is an odd one. Stopping himself while he gazes at me for a moment, before smiling as he turns and walks out the door. I watch as it closes, before slowly swivelling around to look at his apartment.

Well, Brooke, you're in the lions den... what are you going to do now...

I swear I just stare at his stuff for a good few minutes, before I slide off the stool, the temptation becoming too much. The couch envelopes me, slightly curling softly around my body, and I lie in heaven.

Oh, my god.. I'm never leaving this spot. What the hell is this thing even made out of??...

The telly flicks on, and using Deacon's directions of 'green button', I navigate to get to where I wanna go before scrolling through the screen on his tablet. My bottom lip comes into nibble on, as I pause on his list.

Do I, or don't I???

The first few names catch my interest hard-core, and break the dam holding me back.

So, this is his taste....

I must say, I'm not overly surprised by most of it, but more so by the title that has been most recently added. The one sitting prime in the start of the list...

We were only watching the series last night, but right now I'm staring at the movie that comes after the shows ended. He's searched, and saved it...

I'm speechless for a moment, unable to breathe, let along get my finger to swipe away from it.

Why... why would he do that..

My head finally shakes out before I swipe the screen and click on an action packed, fast paced, adrenaline fuelled.. somewhat safer choice. Refusing to let myself think anymore on why he added it, or what that might mean.

The day goes on, and I find out that not only does Deacon have a sweet tooth, but also a serious junk food love too.

My ass is high in the air, completely gobsmacked by the sight in the cupboard next to the stove, and trying to understand the mystery that is him all the more. His current physique has always baffled me, mostly as I've seen the food he brings over, but staring at the cupboard that's crammed into overflowing with assorted snack food, lollies, and biscuits makes me wonder so much more...

I'm carefully removing a bag of popcorn from junk food mountain when I hear someone clear their throat, and almost smack my head on the cupboard door, as I hastily straighten up. I have a whole explanation ready in an instant, but stop when I catch the look in his eyes.

Oh, my...

In two steps he's against me, his hands running under the hem of his shirt I'm wearing, before rounding them to grab a hold of my hips. Within another step my butt hits the cupboard, and I have just enough time to wind my arms around his neck before he's lifting me, the counter top cool against the back of my legs as I'm seated down on it. A groan escapes me as his mouth find my neck, my head lolling to the side to give all the damn access he wants right now. His teeth nip at my skin, and my brain snaps back into working order, telling my hands to move. Dropping them from his neck, I grab at the band to his shorts, while his own knead my ass, pulling another groan from me as he slides me firmer into him. His head comes back up to mine, and his grip tightens as I get enough of my hand down there to grasp him, the same time shoving all restrictiveness away to fully free him. Buggar me, the look in his eyes... Damnnn....

They're hooded, heated, and demanding.

He wants me, and he wants me now..

Keeping my eyes on his, my hands wind themselves around his neck while he tugs me in tight, before dropping a hand to adjust himself. His eyes stay with mine as bends his knees, pushing aside the small barricade I have there, and rams into me. I gasp out, while adjusting to his thickness and full length. A small smile spreads across his face, as his hand runs over my cheek, pulling me in to meet his mouth. He's hungrier, more forceful, as my defences happily let him in to invade my mouth. His other arm releases me for a moment, before hooking my thigh and pulling my leg up to be sandwiched between us, as he re-grips my waist. Causing him to push himself even deeper inside me.

Tightening my grip around his neck, I try to hold on while he starts to move, slowly at first, but speeding up the moment I start to really make a bit of noise. His hand stays on my cheek, even when we pull back slightly, keeping his eyes on my face while he watches just how much I love what he's doing. The heat rushes, pulses through me, and I lean myself flush into his chest, my leg slipping down to wrap tightly around his waist, almost desperate to feel more of him. His head drops back, deeply growling at me the moment my other leg joins to digs my heels in, and I scream out as he thrusts harder, and harder. Tipping me completely over the edge. His name's on my lips as I come undone, his eyes coming back to watch before he plummets over with me.

We're breathless, still locked together while we hold on to one another. His hot breath fanning lightly over my face in short puffs, while he holds my eyes. A smile starts to shine on my face the longer he looks at me like that, even more when his thumb begins to gently stoke up, and down my cheek.

"Well, welcome home, sailor.."