Chapter 15 - Brooke

It's the ass crack of dawn I swear, and whoever the hell is knocking on my door, is about to get their ass seriously handed to them. My steps are heavy and I almost hit the damn hallway wall, that I could vouch jumps out of nowhere, while I trudge blearily eyed towards my front door. His chirpy face grins back at me, and I blink once before attempting to shut the door in his face.

Oh, hell no.

I know where this is going, and just, no.

"Wooo hold up, short stuff."

His foot plonks itself on the edge of the frame, cancelling my plans of slamming the door right now. And I'm guessing my plans of going back to bed by the look of him too...

"All my workout clothes are in the wash, terribly sorry. Thanks for stopping by though. Kindly remove your foot, and be on your way now..."

Deacon's smile widens and I actually groan. Unattractively, annoyed, and defeated.

He ain't going anywhere.

We both know it.

".. You know, I take my acceptance of your apology back."

"No backsies. Now get dressed, you're coming with me for a run. As the person who generally supplies you with food, the 'optional' part of my trainer services, is no longer that. Can you manage to change yourself, or do you need me to assist you?"

My eyes narrow as he takes a small step forward, not missing the way there's that glint of wicked back in his eyes that I really like, and even managing to heat my sleep loving brain up.

"I hate you, and your lack of not being able to go away right now.. Stop looking at me like that.."

His hands come up either side of him, acting all innocent, despite the grin still stuck on his face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about... Now hurry up, you have five minutes, before I'm coming to provide some help."

The draw that contains my active wear is actually stuck, most likely from it's rare use, and it takes a damn good yank for it to fly open. Damn it, Deacon. I want to sleep, not run. Who wants to roll out of bed and run??? Crazy people that's who. I'm still muttering away as I survey my choices, before bringing the corner of my lip in, as I spot the hot pink, grey and black set I have.

Oh, yes....

If he's going to make me run, then I am going to make him deeply, deeply suffer for it..

I'm giggling internally as I change, before attempting to scoop my long hair up into a high ponytail. I do know he's sorry for what he said, that it was more something that probably just came out of his mouth, something he didn't actually mean anything by... but it still hurt. It hurt to hear him say the words, to hear the implication, and to feel like there might be some truth in them...

I'm not as naive to think that anything massive had changed between us, just because we had some under the sheets fun.. and in the shower... on the floor.. against that mirror.. ah hell, what was my point again...

My eyes blink a few times, attempting to bring myself back to a coherent train of thought, that has nothing to do with Deacon's private parts or what he can do with them.

.. I know it was probably just a caught off guard response, and unlike myself, none of those guys know how to lower their voice down so no one else in the room hears them apparently. Besides, I can't exactly play the guilt free card so much either. I mean, I also had a firm denial to Penny right before his outburst that nothing exciting happened that night, and I had no story to tell her.