Chapter 23 - Brooke

It’s been a blissful few weeks of ‘dating, but not dating’ Deacon.

Quite frankly he's such a flight risk that I think if I named it, he would blitz out in a second.

Whoosh, gone.

The days flow to run into each other so much, that I’m not even sure who lives where anymore. The amount he rocks up to pick me up from work, I swear the hallways a blur most of the time as we automatically end up either in his apartment, or mine. He does seem to take his role a little too seriously every time he runs into David though, taking the opportunity to run his hands all over my body, particularly the butt region. I think I almost saw something in David break in that last elevator ride we were all stuck together, where Deacon smacked me so hard on the butt that I actually squealed a little. I mean I tried damn hard to hold that sucker in, but hell, I ain’t gonna lie...

The moment he connected... it felt damn good.

His chuckle back at me against the skin on my neck, did not help the hormones in the slightest either, I’ll tell you now.

Tuesday’s are still our Kitchen Ninja's Showdown night, and we all end up in mine, piled onto my couches as we consume the junk food that the show’s contestants would never in a million years cook. Neither of us have let on to the others yet, and while that would usually bother me, it really doesn’t.

I know he needs time, and while I don’t want the silence on the matter to last forever, I’m happy to keep him to myself just for the moment.

Besides, from day one everyone is fairly use to us acting friendly or messing with each other, so apart from flopping onto the coffee table to make out, nothing is particularly different for them.

Although side note, always check the sturdiness of coffee tables before you attempt that.

That’s how accidents happen...

My heels click away on the sidewalk as I try not to giggle out loud, and focus on the directions showing on my phone.

Ok, another right, and I should be there...

Finishing early was one of my best decisions of the day, as I’m more than curious about this gym Deacon owns, and I know for a fact he’s still there with his last client of the day. My eyes roam the buildings, and a smile breaks out on my face as I finally spot his, my steps faltering slightly.

Holy Obi-Wan Kenobi, this is actually pretty impressive...

The way he talks about it, I expected the gym to be a small one, but this one is at least three shops long, and through the windows looks damn deep too.

This is not the little, cosy, intimate gym I was picturing at all...

The automatic doors spring wide as I approach, and I almost miss the giant exiting as my eyes are still wide in wonder while I take in Deacon’s day job.

If I thought the outside was impressive, the inside is above that.

The shinning equipment’s all gleaming, while being grouped into areas that honestly baffle me completely. The only equipment I know how to use in here is a treadmill, and even the closest one to me somehow has a thousand and one buttons. I mean seriously, what an earth do they all do??

I spot him over by some weights, his back to me while he watches, and chats away with a guy curling an outstandingly heavy looking dumbbell. His head falls back as he laughs at something, the sound drifting over the noise of the place, and I grin wider at that.