Chapter 24 - Deacon

"You know this movie has absolutely no storyline right, and another thing.."

My eyebrow raises as I turn my head to her along the couch, one of her fingers tapping each and every one on her other hand, while she lists off the reasons why she doesn't understand my choice in movie.

Frankly, I picked The Expendables 2 purely because I saw her face scrunch up the moment her eyes landed on the title, and figured this should be one hell of a ride.

I watch her talk, barely hearing a word, and more mesmerised by the animation going on her face.

She's completely serious about what she's ranting about, and I'm a dead man if she finds out I'm not listening.

".. Well, at least it has a Hemsworth in it... Oh, wait he's capture, and going to die. Ah, come on!.. Who kills a Hemsworth off in a movie, seriously..."

Her leg's she's flung over my lap move, one of her feet shifting to poke me in the thigh to emphasis her point. I chuckle back at her and earn another jab, this time higher and border lining on another area all together. My eyes slide to her, finding her head tilted to look up at the roof of her apartment, full well knowing that she almost hit me square just then.

So, that's how she wants to play it, is it..

Quicker than lightening, I snag her legs over me, before running one hand down to her feet. She's a ball of limbs, as she looses it the second I start to tickle her, narrowly missing getting kicked once again in the jewels. Her laughter fills her place, and I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now.

Even if I know she's going to complain, point out, and name every fault in this movie the whole time we're watching it. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else, or with anyone else.

She's gasping for air when I finally release her, her legs being flung over me once again, while she snuggles herself into my side. My head rolls along her couch to watch her for a moment, looking so small tucked against me, and loving the feeling of her pressed up so close. Without thinking my lips find the top of her head, nuzzling her with my face, before returning my eyes back to the TV. I can feel her smile on my bare arm as she turns her face into it, pulling at my heart that little bit more.

She's woven herself so far into me. She's crazy, she's funny, damn right unpredictable especially when she opens her mouth, and drives me utterly insane.

Thinking on it, my eyes find the oversized sweater she's wearing on their own. The thing's so big for her that the neckline is half uncovering one of her shoulders, showing me a piece of her creamy skin that I can't get enough of. The movie's almost half way through, and I'm still not entirely sure that she's wearing anything under it at all, her hand smacking me away every time I've tried to check. Brooke scoffs loudly as yet another fight scene breaks out, and my chest rumbles as I chuckle at her, earning another smack from her in my abs.

Miraculously, she manages to make it to almost the end, and only flies up to protest when I subtly use the remote to press for the third one to start playing after it.

I'm completely messing with her, but am damn curious about her reaction if I tried to make her sit through another one.

I can't say the wide eyed, stunned, and thoroughly pissed at me expression she's currently wearing, is really disappointing me.

"Strap yourself in, short stuff. Round three is up next."

I know I've chosen the wrong words, even before the devilish grin starts to spread across her face. Once more I instantly become incredibly hooked, and completely up for whatever she's planning now.