Chapter 7 - Brooke

I twirl again in the mirror, before halting to have a good look at the back. Penny’s voice half yells at me through the loud speaker, and I cringe once more at the volume I set.

“Have you got it on yet? Send me a picture!! My hair is being impossible tonight… Screw it, it’s going up..”    

Laughing, I grab my phone and take a quick snap before sending it through to her. Twisting to double check I'm all set, there's a rustling on her end, as she squeals with deafening volume back at me.

“.. Holy shit, if he doesn’t sleep with you, I will.. Damnnn, girl. You look amazing.”

I bite my lip as my eyes scan my whole self again, finding myself anxiously wanting to know what Deacon’s going to think when he sees me in this, for about the hundredth time since I put it on. Damn it Brooke, just friends.

Only friends…

“We’re not like that, but speaking of dates.. When are yours picking you up?”

She laughs down the line, and I take one more look before turning to shove the bare essentials in my small clutch, before pulling over the small back pack stuffed with tomorrows clothes. 

“Oh, any moment now, hence the hustle with my hair. I actually can’t wait, this is going to be so much fun. Those guys are hilarious to hang out with, especially Ty… Shit, I think that’s the door, have to go. See you soon, hun. Oh, and remember, the code word to text is Pineapple. You know, if you’re going to need an extra few minutes of alone time when he’s finally picked you up, because he’s ripping that dress off you. Ok, love you, byeeee.

The line goes dead, and I shake my head out laughing, just as there’s a knock at my own door.

Well, Brooke.

This is it…

He’s stunning, and completely floors me when I open the door. To the point, I’m honestly surprised my jaw is still attached to my body, and not somewhere embedded in the floorboards.

Holy hell….

My eyes work on overtime, not caring in the least if I get caught this time, as they take their sweet time going over him. The suit is a dark navy blue, that he’s paired with a crisp white shirt. The top two buttons are undone, and show a small section of skin, that just makes me want to run my hands slowly over it to wrap around the back of his neck. There’s a gold watch I don’t remember ever seeing on him poking out of one sleeve, and my eyes follow the lines of his whole ensemble, that’s tailored to fit him damn perfectly. Hugging and shaping every part of him to absolute, fracking perfection.

I'm still thoroughly convinced, that this man was made to a particular order...

Coming back up, I trace the lines of the beard along his jaw before coming to the sideburns and to his hair, that’s shoved around and fracking hot as anything. My breathing not only hitches, but comes to a full stop when I find his eyes.

The deep dark brown is solely focused on me, the desire and heat in them hitting me damn hard, as his tongue darts out to lightly lick his lips.

Hell, what was that comment about being adults, and sharing a room again…