Chapter 20 - Brooke

There are more people waiting, and almost camped outside my apartment than expected, when I finally drag myself up the stairs in my heels.

Have I missed something, and do they actually not have an apartment of their own anymore??

“Hunnies, I’m home.”

Penny laughs back at me, and inclines her head in my direction, smiling widely.

“Hey baby, I brought you wine for your hard day at work, plus found three gents loitering around that I thought I’d bring home too. You’re choice on who you want to join in fun, sexy times later.”

Laughter bursts from me, as I side step Deacon leaning heavily against my doorframe and shove my key in the lock. I love that woman, she always lightens my mood.

The day was not great, and full of multiple trips to the IT department to get the computer I basically bricked back to life again, or at least able to print the documents my boss needed. I then, unfortunately, ran into David during one trek, and had to do some creative dodging for him not to play hero.

Thankfully, Bill in IT hates him, and half saved my ass on that one.  

“I dunno, they look like high maintenance.”

Ty, Seth and Penny breeze into my place the moment it’s open, and it really has me starting to wonder if maybe I did sign a four way lease with them that I'm not aware of.

What?.. We need to find out if Carol’s getting the boot tonight, although personally I think Derek should be the one to go.. I mean, that puff pastry was a damn flop.”

I laugh again at Seth, and his deep investment in a show he strongly protested against to start with. A hand grazes my side, the light touch having me leaning towards him, before I can even think.

“Oh, you have no idea how much maintenance they are. They eat and drink everything, but are highly worth it, I promise...”

My eyebrow raises at Deacon’s words, and the way he leans in, his breath lightly brushing my cheek.

“.. I think I was extremely wrong about my previous statement about pantsuits too... If I had known that this particular outfit existed... then I may have never made the comment to start with... I was deeply, deeply wrong, and for that I am truly sorry...”

The corner of my lip comes in to bite, as my head turns to him. Watching his eyes fire up, his chest beginning to drop heavier.

“You should always have all the facts, before you make a... firm.. statement like that.”

I leave him staring at me, the heat bloody easy to see in his eyes, while I strut my ass into my apartment.

I know damn well how amazingly I pull this off.

The fitted, and formed black pants, matching the blazer that shapes every part of me, but it’s the showstopper underneath that’s the star. The gorgeous black laced bralette style bodysuit that runs like silk over my skin.

Utterly gorgeous, beautiful, and know is making Deacon dying to touch me...

More so when I ditch the blazer completely a few steps into my apartment, showcasing the lack of back on the body suit, and flop down on a spare spot on the couch. My leg dramatically extend to cross, and show off the sky high blue heels that are still killing me, but worth it. He’s following behind me, pausing as he eyes linger, before moving across the room to throw himself down next to Ty. My phone vibrates away, and I shuffle to grab it from my bag I’d dropped on the floor, my bottom lip coming into bite as I try not to laugh my ass off at the text.