Chapter 35 - Deacon

My eyes flick open as I hear the rustling coming from what sounds like the direction of the lounge room, before leaning up to see the time.  

Come on, it's the fucking middle of the morning..

There's the sound of swearing in a thick accent, followed by a few words I'm not sure I even knew, and my eyes close as I don't have to think twice about who that would be. Listening harder, the swearing stops for a moment while heavy footsteps clomp away, before it picks right back up as they come back to what I'm assuming is the door. Shaking my head out, my hand gently strokes Brooke's cheek, wiping the fallen strands from her face on my shimmering chest.

"Just so I know, and don't clobber the wrong person, does Dom have your address?"

There's a light mumbling as a reply, and my lips find the top of her head to infect myself further, before I slide myself out from under her. The muttered swearing is still going on as I pull the door open, and find a head fly up to grin widely at me.

"Ah, thank fuck I have the right place. Otherwise that would have been some very interesting explaining... All the fucking doors look the same here, I swear.."

My eyes blink at him as he slides past me, half tripping on her lounge room rug as his foot snags the edge.

".. Sorry to ruin your sexfest, thanks for shrugging on some underpants there, but damn I had to escape that place. That woman was seriously about to dig her claws in to hang on, and not in the good kind of way. She already did that..."

He's half stripping as he walks, his hands coming up to grab the hem of his shirt before throwing it blindly aside.

".. By the way I threw the fucking flowers that were by the door away, and if they're from who I think they are.. You and I are having a wee bit of a chat tomorrow morning. I'm too traumatised right now by the fact you aren't wearing much, so have once more defiled my sister..."

Half listening, my eyes follow his shirt narrowly miss the fuzzy little creature with big ears on the window sill behind the couch, and consider him to be damn lucky in more ways than one tonight. I don't have the foggiest idea who, or what that is exactly, but I know Brooke's damn protective of her figurines.

She practically threw me off her, and the damn couch, when I almost knocked the one on the coffee table with my shoe once.

Now on full display, my eyes can't help but follow the extent of his ink. The designs covering the whole length of both his arms, before weaving over his left shoulder in intricate designs. Admiring, and at the same time ignoring the nail lines marking the length of his back.

".. Thank god the cabby understood where the hell I was trying to go. She sends me so many messages, it took damn near fucking forever, before I found the one with her address in it.. But don't worry I don't snore, or nothing. Also, do you know you're covered in strippers glitter?"

Before I know it, he's down on the couch, snagging a blanket thrown over the back to cover himself on the way down, and is out cold.

I have no idea half of what he is on about, what flowers? There wasn't anything by the door when we got back.. Although I can't say I looked terribly hard as I was rather distracted.

Chuckling to myself, I swing the door closed before returning to the blonde headed goddess I left lying in her bed. I'm barely back in there before she snuggling against me, her leg throwing itself over to wind with mine. My lips find the top of her head once more, as she raises it so I can slide my arm under and around her.

"Just so you know, your brother's dead to the world on the couch."

Her chin tilts up to me, her eyes surprising me, and showing she's more awake than what I thought she would be. My jaw locks as her knee raises, massaging me in just the right way, and trying not to let out the hearty groan at how good that feels.

"Well, now that you're up..."

My eyebrows fly up as she rounds me, seating herself on top of me as one hand comes to lean lightly in the pillow beside my head

The view of her up there is beyond stunning.

Her loose hair falling in soft strands around her face and shoulders, the twinkle of mischief I can make out even in the dark, the shape and curve of her naked body above me...

My hand comes up to cup her cheek, before sliding it around to the back of her neck to pull her in to me. The utter amazement from the first time I saw it still there, of how I can get her to light up and smile like that, just by a simple touch.

Her lips meet mine lightly, slowly and lazily moving with my own. The gasp escaping those lips when I break off and travel my mouth down the other side of her neck, fires me up even more. I can't take my eyes off the way her chin rises, titling her head back as she closes her eyes and savours every moment. Her hips are moving against mine, making her breath skip as I shove my own firmer into hers. Letting her feel exactly what she does to me.

She is utterly incredible, and I am so fucking in love with this woman, much more than I have found the words to really say yet...