Chapter 27 - Deacon

I’ve been trying not to laugh my ass off at the sounds drifting through the wall for the last half an hour, while I lean against the cupboard, somewhat drinking my coffee.

I have no idea if she knows I can hear her as clear as day, but hell, it is the entertainment of the damn year...

She does not have the voice of an angel, but it still brings a smile to my face, just hearing how much fun she’s having with it. I almost have to bite down on my fist to keep from loosing it as she hits the chorus once again, the sounds getting louder as she belts the song out.

I must say in her defence, she has a diverse range of genres in there. Everything from pop, to dance, to what border lines on rock, but her attempts at rapping have to be my all time favourite.

Something that will stay with me for a long, long time to come.

Almost hauntingly...

The sounds are still coming by the time I’ve hit the shower, and I can’t help myself any longer. Grabbing a pair of jeans to throw on, I almost trip over listening to her rendition of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Galway Girl’, before finding my footing again. Still pulling my singlet down, my fist hits her door as my bottom lip comes into bite while I listen to her voice coming closer, still singing her perfect ass away. She stiffens up fast as her eyes land on me, and I loose my battle, the grin spreading quickly across my face.

Ahh, crap. I’m never going to hear the end of this, am I?”

My grin widens as I step in to her, my hand winding around her waist as she raises her eyebrow at me, still waiting for a reply.

“I see that sexy look in your eye, so tonightttt.. Kiss me like it’s do, or die. Take me to the other side.”

She blinks once before she looses it, her head falling back as she laughs, and laughs damn hard. There are tears in her eyes as she brings her head back up, and I loose it laughing too. Hell, that’s addictive.

“Well, that answers how long you’ve been listening then, and just so you know, you have the words sooo muddled up right now.”

My other hand runs along her jaw, watching her eyes come alive as I lower my head to hers. My lips brushing her own lightly, in a gentle kiss. I love the way her eyes flutter a little when I pull away, causing my voice to be a little more heated and thicker, than I really mean it to.

“Details, and it was fucking adorable to listen to.... Wait, what is that smell?.. Holy shit, did you actually cook something?”

Her hand whacks me on the arm as I let her go, and slip past her in search of what the heck she’s making. I mean I honestly thought she didn’t or couldn’t cook, as I have yet to see her use any kitchen to do anything, other than finding snacks in it. My feet stop moving, my eyes bugging out, as I round the corner and see the piles of mess.

Wow, just seriously... wow..

With her ridiculous ordering system she has set up where everything has an assigned space, I kinda figured if she did in fact cook, she’d be a clean one.... but damnnnn.

There are bowls stacked high in towering piles next to the sink, while ingredients scatter the entire surface of the long island bench. It’s honestly amazing, and mind blowing how many things she’s used, while being almost impossible to spot the final product.

“Don’t judge, I haven’t cleaned up yet... I can still hear you silently judging, you know.”

My eyes blink once more before I take a cautious step forward, finally spotting the object on the stove the smell’s coming from, and move straight towards it. Her shoulder brushes my arm as she comes to stand beside me, while my eyes travel the mouth watering cake in front of me. The banana smell is so intense, but there’s also some sort of spice surrounding it, taking the sweetness down a peg.