Chapter 43 - Deacon

Her lips meet mine, even before I’ve moved, pressing into me and taking my breath completely away.   

She is everything I never knew I desperately wanted.

That I never knew, I desperately needed.

The smile lights up her face completely as she pulls back, her eyes dancing with the lightest shimmer of wetness, and I’m thinking I did good here. Brooke side steps me, her head turning as she fully takes in the roof I spent a good couple of hours decking out ready for our... Well I guess, first date.

Shit, seriously... I can’t believe I haven’t actually taken her on a proper date before now.

She deserves so, so much better than me. A guy who is actually good at this stuff, that has always had the courage to tell her how he feels right from the start. One that’s never broken her heart, or hurt her the way I have...

I have no idea what she sees in me, but I pray she never comes to her senses.

My own eyes travel down her, and I almost completely loose them out my skull as I get a good look at what she’s wearing.

Is that my shirt?..

It’s hard to tell, and frankly the short bralette hugging her chest is distracting as hell, but as she turns to look at a candle, I catch it. I can definitely make out the flannel print, under the short blue leather jacket she’s wearing. Once more stunned by her, my head’s shaking a little to clear my mind from just how damn good she looks in it, as I grin bloody widely.

She’s wearing my fucking clothes for our date...

The shirt I never got back from her after the first time she stayed over, is layered under a short jacket, and paired with the tightest black leather pants I’ve ever seen. Giving me deep concerns about how hard they’re going to be to peel off her later. However, it’s the boots that I stare long and hard at, my head tilting to really take them in.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her wear these ones before, but she needs to more often.

They’re short black lace up ones, with a thick heel, but go so damn well with that outfit. Giving her this bad girl vibe that I am, one hundred percent, definitely into on her.

Setting the beers down next to the cushion couch I made, one of my hands finds her shoulder, while the other brushes her loose wavy hair out of the way. Dragging my jaw along the now exposed neck just under her ear, I grin against her skin as I catch her shaky breath in.

Jesus, I love the affect I have on her.

Brooke’s body leans completely into me for a moment, before shifting her head to look just over her shoulder.

Hell, I can’t help myself anymore.

My hands skim down her sides, taking my time, and feeling every curve of her as I go. I try to keep my touch lighter as I round over her hips, before gliding one hand gently up her bare stomach. The skin smoother than anything I have ever felt, and addictive as anything. Catching one side of my shirt that she’s wearing in my hand, I tug a little, my eyebrow raising as she nips her lip.

“I believe this.. may.. be mine.”

Shifting to turn herself to fully look at me, her eyes bat slowly, giving strong signals to other parts of me at the mere sight of it.

Bloody hell, she looks and acts like the damn devil, but the way she bats her eyes so innocently up at me...

Oh heavens above, give me strength to not maul her before the night I planned...

She knows damn well what she does to me, if the mischievous glimmer in her eyes is anything to go by.

“Oh?.. Is it?.. My mistake, did you want this back then?”

Her hands come to slowly run along the edges of my shirt that she’s wearing, while I just stare hard-core at her, looking like the horny teenager I am most definitely feeling. The fabric ruffles a little as she opens it wider, showing off the barely there thing she has under it, and making my mind up.

That thing can’t seriously be called a top. I mean it’s basically a bra with extra laced detail under her chest, and thin little straps curving up her shoulders, expertly illuminating everything I’m dying to touch right now.

Like I said. Horny fucking teenager.

My words catch in my throat the first time I try, as my eyes are still glued to that bloody top of hers, before I clear my throat and attempt another go.

“I do indeed... In fact for the punishment of keeping it with the obvious intention of messing with me, I think you need to take everything else off, and just wear that... and maybe the boots too..”

Her head falls back as she laughs, animating her whole face, and making me stare for a whole different reason now.

“That sounds like a fair, and reasonable punishment, but can I suggest a counter offer that doesn't involved me becoming a human popsicle?”

Her chest rises as she takes a deep breath, and being the semi gentleman I am, I only stare for a second before coming back to her face.

If she’s wanting to play with me, then I’m completely up for it...

Stepping in closer, my chest brushes hers, as I grin wickedly down.

.. Beside there’s been something I’ve wanted to know for a while, and maybe I can finally get it out of her.

“I’d like to remind you what happens when you play with me, Brooke... but I’m listening, and open to reasoning. Perhaps a quid pro quo..”

There’s laughter coming from her before I finish, and I’m growling at her as I bend to scoop her up. My hands running simultaneously around her waist and knees, before dipping my head closer to hers. She feels like she weighs nothing, and everything at the same time, while I cradle the one who means so much to me. Her arms wind around my neck, her hands sliding up to run through my hair, and I utterly forget for a second where I was even going with that.

Sooo... I get to keep my clothes on, and not freeze to death up here, if you get what exactly from me?”

I make sure I lean in further before I answer, wanting to do the impossible of catching her off guard.

“If... I get to know something that’s been driving me fucking nuts for weeks...”

Her throat bobs as she swallows, her breath stuttering for a second as I bring my head even closer, while my eyes trace the lines of her lips.

“.. Seriously, how is it you know there are cameras they watch in the elevators at work, Brooke?...”

Her eyes widen before she full on looses it laughing. Heavy, hearty, and full body shaking laughter pours out of her. I’m grinning while I turn, and throw her down on top of the cushions piled up. Watching as her hair fans out softly around her while she bounces, and making it a whole lot worse for myself when I look down at her sprawled there.

I definitely picked the wrong fucking thing to ask for here.

Shit.