Chapter 9 - Brooke

The moment he touches me, it shorts out something in my brain, leaving me unable to form much of any kind of thought. Frankly, I'm surprised I still knew how to breathe, and didn't just pass out in front of him.

Damnnn, hell.

Shit!

He's still just watching me, that fracking smirk on his face, and I can't decide if I either want to thump him for it, or launch myself at him. I mean he'd definitely be able to catch me, and this fabric is a lot more stretchy than it looks....

Hell, Brooke.

Keep your shit together, and it in your pants. You're a grown ass woman...

Raising my hand, I hook one finger, before spinning and walking quicker than I mean too towards the main room, calling back over my shoulder to him.

"Try, and keep up there."

He's by my side in an instant, his hand gliding smoothly along the skin in the cut out on my lower back, as he falls into step with me.

"Damn, you can move quick in those things."

My head swings to him as I laugh lightly, thinking back to my last stretch of running from David in my work heels.

"I've had practice."

I meant it as a joke, but his face hardens, as he turns from me to scan the room.

"Yeah.. hopefully that ends for good tonight."

Something in that should worry me.

Either the way his face still seems instantly pissed, or the rough tone of his voice, but I'll let him play hero if he wants to. I don't actually think he will do anything too drastic to David anyway... or at least I hope not.

We run into a few people I know on our way over to find the others, and I lightly introduce Deacon as my date. He seems to be enjoying this way too much, like a free for all on how much we can mess with Brooke before she snaps, and crushes his balls in her hand. The light grazing off assets, the nuzzling his face against my neck mid chuckle, keeping that one hand firmly on me at all times...

I'm trying my hardest to listen to Amber, one of the girls from my department, when his hand starts to shift lower before grabbing a sizable chunk of my ass firmly in his palm. Looking at him you would never know what he's just done, as inclines his head and smiles warmly at Amber, but I'm close enough to see the amusement in his eyes. Internally narrowing my own, I push my butt firmer into his grip, the same time I practically lie myself against him, making certain my chest is shoved into his side. To emphasize my point, I may arch my back before nuzzling one of my cheeks into him as well, while I laugh along with Amber.

Truth be told, I have no idea what we're laughing about, my focus solely on the investment of messing with Deacon.

His hand on my butt flexes, before grabbing me with such force that it smacks me hard in the process.

Damn him..

That was actually really hot..

"Oh, I'm starting to rattle on, we'll have to catch up again. Definitely coffee this week, Brooke. It was really nice to meet you Deacon, you guys are such a cute couple."

I smile at Amber, as she grins once more before waving a hi to someone behind us. Neither of us move while we watch her go, almost playing a silent game of chicken. I break first, annoyingly, but it's damn hard to stay in that position without seriously throwing my back out. Shoving my chest into him one more time, I raise my eyes up and bat my eyelashes, loving the deep groan I can hear rumbling in him.