Chapter 30 - Brooke

The air comes out of me in a long breath, puffing both my cheeks out on the way.

I know how Dom can be sometimes...   

Ok all the time, and could see he was about two seconds away from grilling Deacon about how close we really are. Thankfully Penny saw that the boys were in trouble too, more so Ty apparently, and we pounced on them in time.

It’s not like I don’t want to shout it out that this hunky beef of a man is mine, but I know there’s something holding him back still. Something he hasn’t fully told me, and something that completely haunts him when the word ‘relationship’ is brought up. I’ve seen the way he freezes up at times when things become too real, and I almost feel like if we name it.. it will all come crashing down...

Which that, frankly, causes serious hyperventilating feelings on my part to even think about.

I don't want to loose this.. or loose him.

My arms come above my head as I sway in front of him, rolling my hips side to side with an extra shove and bounce, watching the wide smile spreading across his face as his eyes drop. The song is one I know well and my lips form the words, while I move just out of his reach. His grin widens when he finally gets a hand on my hip, guiding me back towards him as we start to move together.

He’s everything you want in a dance partner. He’s the right amount of hands, flirt, and sass, while giving you the space to really move.

Deacon drops his head down, surprising the shit out of me that he actually knows this obscure song. His mouth moving to mime the lyrics back to me, before sliding the hand on my hip to grab a reasonable chunk of my ass.

My eyes roll as he grins deviously at me before spinning out of his grip, my head swaying side to side, while my arms thread through the air. As the song drifts on, he winds up back against me, his body pressed in close to mine as we pick up where we left off.

Smiling cheekily, Pink begins to belt out her words as I spin back around to face Deacon. Reaching my hands up to grab his earflaps to drag him closer, my lip comes into bite as my eyes flick down to his hands on my hips, while Pink cheers about it being all about ‘him and his hand tonight’. His mouth curves into a sly grin, before he tries to close the gap, and I shift, dancing away from his hands while he tries to grab at me again. My back finds Deacon’s chest, his head ducking down to drag his jaw along my neck and without thinking my head drops back, allowing him all the access he wants. I can just hear his growl over the music, before I take Seth’s hand and am pulled from Deacon’s grip, my head falling back once more to laugh as Seth jokingly throws his finger up at Deacon. We dance around each other, while Pink hits her chorus, laughing my ass off as my hand slaps Deacon’s away.

A hand curls around mine, and I’m twirled before giggling, as I come face to face with Dom. His eyes flick to Deacon, and I narrow mine at him, warning him to leave him alone.

I’m deadly serious about him being a flight risk if he’s pushed too far.

Besides Dom really can’t complain too much about us dancing. The red head he was just grinding with was an eyeful on it’s own. My shorts may be short, but at least I leave the illusion of what may be underneath.

That skirt was basically a belt, honey.

His eyebrow raises back at me, and with a quick tongue poke, he changes to smile warmly.

I know he’s far from dropping it, and I was half serious about keeping an eye on his hands earlier. He’s been known to be damn protective of me at times.