Chapter 17 - Deacon

This day is going forever, I swear.

Jesus, hell, I just want to get back to Brooke...

The images of her sitting in my kitchen wearing my damn shirt, her wet, and walking around in one of my towels. Her eyes tracing, and roaming everything I do, flash away on repeat in my mind, and I grit my teeth hard. I’m on my second to last client of the day, but I swear all I’ve been thinking about since I’ve been here.. is her. The selfies she's been sending me, her reclined adorably on my couch... her biting that fucking lip in front of my open fridge... or the playful frown in front of my DVD selection are seriously not helping.

The one of her tongue poking out, half that wicked smile she does on her face, has been driving me more insane by the second since I opened it...

It took me longer than I'm proud of to figure out she's made herself well at home in my place. Using the camera on my tablet, and signing herself into her Facebook account with it, just so she could torture me.

I’m half tempted to flog off the last client to Mitch, and dash home to her.

The thought stops me cold, and I stare blankly at August with the bar above his chest.

What the fuck is wrong with me....

I didn’t even think twice about inviting her into my place today, and only stopped to think about it when I caught her freeze up.

I mean, I actually wanted her there.

Usually the thought of any one in my place would physically make my skin crawl, induce icy terror, and make me fucking bolt for the damn express way to get the absolute hell out of there.

But I really do want her to stay....

I wanted to be the one to help, and save her when she was stuck. Jesus, hell, she’s so far under my damn skin, that I can’t even tell how deep anymore..

The bar comes up again, and I pull myself from my thoughts, forcing myself back in to the present. I seriously can’t get caught up thinking too much right now... not about her.

That’s some dangerous territory right there.

April bends again as she stretches, and I subtly slide my phone from my pocket to check the time, hoping like hell I can get out of here soon.

Fucking, damn it, I’m a bit over only half way through with this client..

My groans internal, while I shine a smile at April on the outside.

“Ok, I’d say crunches, mixed with some side reaches and finishing with sit-ups, are next. Try for three rounds of a minute each, and see how we feel from there.”

Her smiles bright as she pulls her arms behind her, and angles herself while she arches her back out. More likely pretending to stretch, and more just shoving her assets out at me. Sue me, I completely imagine Brooke doing that, and how incredible her body would look.

Shit, I want to stretch that woman out so badly right now.

The one in front of me however... nope.

My eyebrow arches as I incline my head to the ground, and she giggles while she drops herself down to set up.

“I think I’m still using my arms too much, can you spot me, and double check while I do them?”

Shining another smile, I bend and grab her ankles, anchoring her firmly down while she lengthens herself along the ground in front of me. Seriously, April.....