Chapter 22 - Deacon

She completely stops when her eyes find mine, and I raise my beer, as I innocently swing my head the other way. Maybe if I stop looking at her, she’ll look less like she’s ready to murder me... but Jesus, it takes a damn effort too...

Where the hell does she shop, seriously?

That leather skirt barely covers her, and if one more head tilts to see what she’s wearing under it, I’m gonna start swinging.

White t-shirt behind her will be the first one I drop.

His head’s leaning so far that he’s about ready to topple over, while his hand runs along his lip to cover his drool lines. Completely eye fucking the one I desperately want to walk towards, the one person in this whole room tonight, that I’m dying to be next to.

Her top ain’t much better either. It’s like this tiny mostly see through bra thing, the colour a deep blue with small lace details that I can make out from here. It stops not far under her chest, and shows off a sizeable chunk of skin between it and her high waisted skirt, both front and back.

While those heels, fuck...

Sky high as usual, the straps delicately crossing each other to hold her in.

She looks every bit the little blonde sex bomb she is, fuck...

Keeping my head where it’s pointed towards the dance floor, my eyes slide to her and catch the fabric they’re made out of glittering and shining in the light, pulling every eye towards her as she finally moves forward.

I feel like a statue holding myself back, not letting myself move and slide my hands through those loose waves of her hair to tangle in them at the back of her neck.

I knew this was a bad idea, but frankly I’ve run out of excuses to avoid her, without raising some serious suspicion. There’s only so many late night runs I can go on, and only so many blocks I can go before even I’ve had enough. Switching my early morning workout for one later in the day has been working out well, and causing me to have an excuse to not be around our apartment block as much, but it hasn’t stopped me thinking of her constantly.

In reality, I can lie to myself all I want, justify the shit out of it, but I’ve fucking missed her so much.

She’s so far under my fucking skin...

“Hey, it seems you left a few details out about this spontaneous, and now highly suspicious, dancing night..”

So, she actually had no idea I would be here, and that’s the sole reason she’s showed up.

Well, I feel like shit more now... as fuck, I knew she was coming.

“Oh, I ran into the guys, yes despite popular belief Deacon is still alive and moving, and they tagged along. The more the merrier right? And muscle to get any unwanted attention to back off... However, that’s a full time job with you in that. I mean damnnn girl, I thought I was showing some skin.”

Her eyes slide to me, and I know bloody well I’m the unwanted attention she wants to back off.

Right...”

Shifting from beside me, Seth slides in next to her, as one of his arms runs lightly around her shoulders. Causing irrational, and highly violent thoughts to sprint through my mind towards an old friend.

“You can’t say you don’t want to dance with this, Brooke.”

I’m not even sure what exactly you would call that move, but the shuffle, mixed with the odd waving of his free arm makes her break out laughing. Her smile shines at the ground, the tension leaving her as she shakes her head out.