chapter 03: Demon's horse

I've heard stories of Dapphion the demon realm ruled by the three demon brothers—since I was still a hunter in training I never bothered to learn their names and since I never thought I'd be in a situation where the king of Dapphion would be chasi...

I've heard stories of Dapphion the demon realm ruled by the three demon brothers—since I was still a hunter in training I never bothered to learn their names and since I never thought I'd be in a situation where the king of Dapphion would be chasing me and also claim that I'm his mate.

I shudder at the thought, Tartarus would have risen before I become his mate.

Soft pants escape my lips as I rest my back against a tree, I look up to see shades created by trees, and when the breeze blows the shades shift letting me see the orange hue of the sky.

Xanthus's steps have disappeared and he doesn't seem to be chasing me anymore that doesn't stop tears from rolling down my cheeks, I'm in a strange land as a hunter in training.

Or is this a test?

Was this what other hunters went through before they became full pledged hunters?

Part of the reason I was looking forward to my twentieth birthday was that I'd finally be allowed to go on missions and slay demons. It's at twenty I'd finally be able to pick a weapon of my choice but now I don't even remember half of my birthday.

A snap catches my attention and I rise to my full length in alarm, deciding that it's stupid to relax in a strange world I begin my journey—the only thing is when I turn to walk away I instantly come to face with a man with deep green eyes that has purple hue swirling in them.

His hair is dark with silver tips and he is very tall, "W-who are you?" I shut my eyes knowing that question never yields a good response in this world.

"A Tydeon," He answers, he steps closer and I move back. "Your guardian angel."

"That's impossible!" I argue and he raises an eyebrow a soft chuckle falls out of his slightly pink lips as he asks.

"Which? That I'm a Tydeon or that I'm your guardian angel?"

"Both."

Tydeons were said to have been created from four different elements; water, fire, air, and earth. They are known to be protectors of each king and fiercely loyal to their leaders. In the book that I read about them, Tydeons are said to have gone extinct during a war between two creatures. But now a man with strange eyes stands before me claiming to be the same creature that is a myth and also my guardian angel.

"Well, I hope I get to prove I'm a Tydeon one day, today, let me prove I'm your guardian angel." His lips pull into a welcoming smile as he offers me his hand.

The man doesn't look dangerous and the aura I receive from him doesn't seem like one I should be scared of, so I accept his hand and shiver when cold travels up my spine.

He sends me an apologetic smile, "I'll change the temperature for you," then slowly the cold changes to warmth. Something I needed from the day I've had.

"What's your name?" I ask as he leads up somewhere, he pulls out his other palm and clears the muddy room into a semi-decent path.

He stares off for a while, "It's been a long I've heard that question," his body shakes a bit and I pick a leaf that fell on the shoulder of his suit jacket. "Rekal is my name." He looks down at me and I smile a bit.