Chapter 28: Demon-Apocalypse

I wake up with a yawn, and notice Xanthus is still asleep

I wake up with a yawn, and notice Xanthus is still asleep. Since I returned we've been sharing a bed. Xanthus had installed two Televisions into the house promising me he would watch some of the poorly acted movies with me, each day for the past week he would do something that would make my heart flutter making me fall deeper for him.

"Good morning" he has that sexy early morning voice, "morning" I answer with a smile, "Come on, time for breakfast," he says after he returns from the bathroom. "I'm eating cinnamon rolls" he smiles in relief. For the past three days, we've been eating cinnamon rolls every morning. Xanthus eats it just to please me but I know he's getting frustrated with eating the same thing every morning.

"Thank goodness" he sighs I face him with a glare "I mean, I love cinnamon rolls," he says with fake enthusiasm. "I'll start something you need a shower"  I shrug and go to the bathroom.

I walk into the kitchen and sit on the island watching Xanthus cook, " How can I help?" I ask as I swing my legs, he faces me "Uh...I don't need help" I cross my arms with a pout, he tries to kiss but I move my face away "You make it seem like I'm useless in the kitchen"

"You're not completely useless, I get scared when you're in the kitchen. Last week you almost butchered your fingers, on Tuesday--" I interrupt by rolling my eyes "Knives don't like me"

"And I believe you. You could set the table-oh wait there's table knife, only put the cups and plates-wait broken glasses also cut people--" I ignore him and pick up the glass cups which slips out of my hands, I ignore the looks he's giving me and go around the broken glasses on the floor "I'll s--"

"No! Just sit and wait for breakfast" I sit down glaring at the floor. He sets our plates and cleans the mess I made. "Thank you but I'm washing the plates," I say. "There's a dishwasher...that shouldn't be dangerous" I eat my food in silence.

"Please let me come with you! I haven't been outside in two days" I put my hands together and pout my lips "I'm having a meeting with the warriors" he answers, "Oh yeah, why have they been training for the past few days"

"Don't worry about it" but I do and I'm not going to say anything about it because I know I'm going to snoop later "Let me hang out with Korina" josien and her family returned back before I came back to Dapphion which leaves Korina as the only girl I could talk with. "Okay, I guess nothing could possibly go wrong." I nod in agreement.

Korina runs to me in joy and hugs me "Don't let her out of your sight" Xanthus says after he kissed my hair, Korina waves at him and nods "Come on" she pulls me into her home. The living room is plain but still managed to look fancy, no photos of her or Rekal on the walls it only contains four couches, a table, and a huge fireplace.

"This would have been our baby's room" I stare at her with shock, I had no idea she was pregnant "Yeah, the baby died during the third month, you know Demons carry babies for five months" that's weird, "I'm not even going to ask why. I had no idea you were pregnant" I say. "It's been two years," she sighs sadly. I wonder how Hoaric dealt with the pain. "Let's go to The castle" I really want to know what the meeting is about. "You're right. There's a movie room there" I nod.

"I need to take a tour around the castle, who knows the next time I'll be here," I say as Korina picks a movie she nods and waves.

I see Logan but he just flashes me a smile and walks away, ever since that all he does when he sees me is wave or smile no conversation or anything.

A bulky man enters into a room and I follow him knowing he's a warrior. I stay outside the door and put my ear on the door. "Arnold reported that many rogues were freed about a week ago, the sad part is the rogues that were freed are lost rogues they don't have humanity meaning someone freed them to use them as weapons--" the universe decided to bless me by making me trip and a vase falls and shatters on the floor and everything goes quiet. I quietly try to walk away but Xanthus's voice stops me.

"Aurora?" Then two guards grab my arm, "ouch" I cry out in pain, Xanthus speeds to them and pulls me away from their grasps "That's not how to treat a lady!"

"I vote we should put her in the dungeon since she was caught spying on us."

"I only spied because my lovely mate wouldn't tell me a thing" everyone looks surprised. "Lord Asmodeus' mate" a man bows and others follow which turned out to be awkward for me. "What were you talking about when you said rogues were freed"

"You don't have to worry your female head about it, let the men deal with it" I shoot the man a glare that shuts him up immediately. "Rogues were freed we think those who had been sending rogues to attack us were the ones that freed them." A man answers before the ground begins to tremble. I stumble but Xanthus catches me.

"Rogues!" A man yells Xanthus sighs and stares at me seriously "Listen to me, You're going to go with the other women who are not allowed to fight--"

"What? No way! I'm a hunter, so I should be allowed to fight" I cross my arms "I don't have time for this, William take her and do not let her out of your sight."

"Pregnant woman, children, teenagers you all should go to the safe house and do not leave until one of us comes to get you, make sure you pack what you need" the ground shakes again and Xanthus holds me then hands me over to a man I'm guessing is William. "Do not let her out of your side." The man pulls me along with "Aren't you going to fight along with others?" I ask, "no, I'm busy babysitting the queen," he says dryly.

"Sit with the others" we enter into the room and the place becomes quiet "Meet the queen" the man yells and some women give me a smile and others send me glares of displeasure. "She's human"

"Hunter" I correct the woman then give her a glare of mine a woman chuckles. "That's Ann, she doesn't like humans"

"Obviously" I smile, "I'm Aurora," I say, "Cora" I guess demons can have normal names. I walk to the bathroom but almost scream when I see Logan "What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper. "I'm sorry"

"For wh--" he pulls me into a portal and when I open my eyes, I feel cold and blankets of snow cover the ground my guess we're not in Dapphion anymore. "Logan where are we?" I ask calmly.

"The North Pole" he answers.

Oh shit!

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
S

hort chapter. I'm planning something big in the next chapter. Secrets are going to be spilled and someone's going to die! 💀 ☠️

Well, have a nice day, and don't forget to vote and comment or Comment and vote whichever comes to you first❤.