Chapter 17: The Dance (2)

I open the door to my room and see three maids, "Uh

I open the door to my room and see three maids, "Uh...Are you in the wrong room?" I ask as I close the door.

"No ma'am. We are here to get you ready for the ball" the blonde one says, "Thanks but I can get myself ready" I say politely, "I'm sorry but it's a direct order from Lord Asmodeus" she says with a small smile. I nod reluctantly.

"Good, I'm Amy, that's Emily and she's Emma" They all wave, Emily has blonde hair and is taller than me, While Emma is a brunette and she’s the same height as me.

"Okay, we should bathe you" they move to the bathroom, "Look, you can dress me and I won't cause you any trouble, but I'm not going to allow you to bathe me," I say, I'm not a baby that needs to be bathed by someone.

"B--"

"No, tell me what is required during the bath and I'll do it myself" I cross my arms, "If we do it together it will be quicker, the ball is in two hours," Emily says,.

"No" they all stare at me pleadingly, "Let me guess, a direct order?" They all nod and a smile appear on their faces when I join them in the bathroom.

"Xanthus is going to have an ear full" I whisper to myself as I allow the three maids to bathe me.

After my bath, I sit down on a stool, ready for the girls to do my hair and makeup.

"Emily will do your hair and makeup," Amy says and goes into my closet, after an hour of pulling and forming, my hair is done and my makeup is also done, I have no idea of what I look like because I'm not allowed to look into the mirror.

"Okay, we'll help you in to your dress" I open my mouth to object but close it immediately when I see the dress, a pure white dress, a long off-shoulder cape, the material looks soft "Won't this get stains?" I ask.

I'm actually scared to touch it, it looks so innocent and beautiful, flowers are arranged at the end of the cape, "oh don't worry about that. The dressmaker used magic. Nothing can get it dirty, torn, or remove the flowers." My mouth forms an o "It's really pretty" I say as they put it on me.

The dress itself has a deep slit between my breasts, the open sides of the slits are made of silver and the dress hugs my body perfectly. "Is that?" I ask in surprise and they both nod in happiness.

"Oh my God! A real Crown" I squeal, "Yeah, but we can't put it on. The lord has to do that" I grin at the silver crown filled with diamond stones, then put a necklace around my neck, which has a ruby stone. They push me towards the mirror and I almost cry.

"wow" I look so different, the woman staring at me has brown hair just like me that is put up in an up-style, two strands of hair fall at each side of my glittering face.

Deep purple lips, her chocolate eyes shine out, and the pair of silver earrings just make everything look unreal.

I hug Amy "Thank you" she hugs me back after she recovers from her shock. "The lord should be coming now. I hope you enjoy the party" they all wave and leave the room closing the door behind them softly. A knock follows after a minute of me staring at myself.