Chapter 35: Epilogue

My body feels stiff, I've been staring at the glass since I opened my eyes which I'm guessing is more than six hours ago since the sun slipping into the room

My body feels stiff, I've been staring at the glass since I opened my eyes which I'm guessing is more than six hours ago since the sun slipping into the room. I wiggle my fingers and I bite my lips to stop me from groaning.

My fingers feel weird, I slowly raise my hand to the glass and push it, but it doesn't budge, I push again and the glass breaks cutting me in the process.

I stand up with shards of glass on my face and palm, I look at the blood and open wound to see it's closing up slowly, it's as if it's...Healing.

Weird. I stare at myself in the mirror and my face is spotless like there was never an injury, hell I look taller and slimmer. My back length hair is now a waist-length hair, my brown hair is softer and silkier. My eyelashes are longer too.

I'm wearing a white flimsy dress, that stops above my knee without underwear. My stomach is flatter too, I stare at the glass coffin, well the glass is broken now.

Suddenly I'm filled with fury, I was gone for just four days and they placed me in a coffin? I couldn't blame them after all I'm sure my heart stopped.

Am I really here? Or am I a ghost?

My neck is bare of any mark, in fact, it's as smooth as a baby bottom. The fan swirls lazily on the ceiling an indication that it wasn't put on its highest.

I open the door and follow the sound of a child's giggle. I look around the walls and notice it's different, the tiles aren't so slippery like before. The color is also changed, from blue to white.

I place my ear on the door and realize the giggle is louder which I weird because I feel my hearing is better even my sight is. I slowly twist the knob and open the door.

Xanthus is with a small child and the child continues to giggle as he opens each box of presents. The child has the color of my hair and Xanthus' eye color.

All eyes turn to me, Xanthus opens and closes his mouth then rubs his eyes "You can see me?" I ask softly, he nods and speeds to me "Aurora" he hugs me and I hold him tightly. 

The small boy stares at me strangely, I wave at him and he smiles.

Xanthus puts his hands around my waist not allowing any more to come closer to me, "What d--Woah. Aurora?" I nod at Josien who enters the room with two bottles of champagne.

"Are you a ghost?" She asks, and I giggle. "I don't think so" Xanthus sits me on his lap. "Who's he?" I point at the small boy who continues smiling at me.

"Damien" my heart stops for a second, "D-Damien as in our--" he nods. "How did he grow so much in four days" everyone stares at me strangely.

"I'm here, I'm here no need to send an army to find me" Kassandra comes in rocking a bub. I sit with Damien in my arms he had been happy when he was told I was his mother and screamed thank you to the stars (Even though they weren't out then) for making his wish come to true.