Chapter 12:Dinner Nightmare

I pull out my history notes and silently wait for Lilian, my partner in this assignment, I have no idea why the teacher won't allow me to do the assignment alone

I pull out my history notes and silently wait for Lilian, my partner in this assignment, I have no idea why the teacher won't allow me to do the assignment alone. "Good day and welcome to coleen may I take your orders?" I snap my attention towards the teenage waiter.

"uh...I will just have a smoothie." I answer he nods and leaves, I feel a burning gaze by the side of my head

but I refuse to look at the hunter's bracelet on my wrist and burn a warning that a demon is close by and it's right.

Someone takes a seat in front of me, I pick up my bag ignoring the demon seated in front of me. "You are a hunter...in training" I freeze because I hate it when someone tells me I'm still in training, I mean just because I'm 16  it doesn't mean I'm not old enough to kill demons.

"And you are a demon," I say with a grimacing, mom and dad always said, “stay away from demons, especially the male demons, they said stay away from the male population of the demons.”

"You are leaving just because I'm a demon," he says in an amused tone, I cross my arms and glare at him, "No, I'm leaving because--Well--'' I keep quiet before I embarrass myself anymore.

"Why did you sit here especially without my permission, demon" he smiles suddenly which makes him look more attractive than he already is, "I was curious why you sat alone with a scowl on your pretty face" my face turns beet red because no one has ever told me that I'm pretty mostly because they are scared of what my dad would do to them.

Cowards!

"I'm Logan"

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

I can't believe that now he is standing in front of me with a surprised face on. His eyes move to my arms hooked with Xanthus' and his expression turns fierce "Are you okay?" Xanthus whispers to me I want to say no because my ex is here but I have a feeling he would get angry.

I stared at the hall in awe, whoever decorated the hall did an amazing job, a huge chandelier hung above a large dining table that had fifteen chairs, yes I counted the chairs.

Men and women were dressed in fancy outfits. Honestly, it looks more like a function than a dinner, "So your entire family will be present here?" I am a little bit nervous.

"Yes, those who do not have families eat with us so they do not feel lonely"

"you'd do that for them?" he nods with a small smile, my stomach grumbles lowly and Xanthus raises an eyebrow before he chuckles.

"Well dinner should start in five minutes" I sigh and force a smile as Lilith comes in with Dorin, "What is she doing here'' I don't bother to hide my displeasure.

"I don't know, she never comes to this dinner she thinks it is a waste of time to bond with family and she never spends the time of day spending time with her family” Dorin flashes us a smile.

He's also wearing a black tuxedo while Lilith is wearing a short green gown with high stilettos, her face caked with makeup, I roll my eyes as she winks at him.

I sigh in relief when I hear a bell, "Finally" Xanthus chuckles and leads me to the large table, people begin to fill up the chairs after greeting Xanthus and I.

Xanthus stands up and the halls grow quiet, "Welcome to the annual royal Family dinner, we may not all be related but we are one big family, now enjoy the food and drinks, there are rooms available in the castle," cheers and applause are heard in the hall.

Maids rush in and put food on the table, I see Logan staring at from across the table he gives me a small smile and I give him a blank stare,

"You should try the garlic bread. Xanthus says to me, "oh, I--" "she's allergic to garlic" Logan says nonchalantly Xanthus stares at him while I glare at Logan.

"What did you say?"Xanthus says in a firm voice please, don't say anything, I pray silently. "I said she's allergic to garlic so she can't eat the garlic bread you offered," Logan says, tone fierce and sharp.

Xanthus raises an eyebrow, “please do tell me how you acquired such information about my mate" Logan jaw clenches at the last sentence, I notice the table has gone silent everyone watching the drama between Xanthus and Logan.

I have to do something before this gets out of hands, "Actually, I'm not allergic I just don't like garlic bread," I say hoping Xanthus drops the matter but of course my hope crashes "What gave you the idea she is allergic to garlic"

I can't believe Logan remembers I'm allergic to garlic, now I wish I never told him. I stare at Logan with pleading eyes, "I guessed," he shrugs, I sigh in relief when Xanthus rolls his eyes.

"That is my cousin, Logan" COUSIN?! LOGAN TOLD ME HE IS JUST A LOW DEMON! HE TOLD ME HE WAS CONSIDERED A SLAVE IN THE DEMON WORLD! I can't believe I fell for that lie.

I can still feel Logan's heated stare on me and I refuse to acknowledge him.

"Sorry, I'm late! had to feed the kids" a slim woman enters the dining room with who I'm assuming is her mate.

"Josien" Xanthus sighs, "don't act like you didn't feel sad when you noticed my absence little bro" she ruffles his hair and he glares at her.

She turns her attention to me and gasps, "oh, Thank goodness you are real. I thought he just hung pictures of someone that doesn't exist" she hugs me which is awkward because I'm sitting and she's standing.

"I'm A--", "I know, you are Aurora my YOUNGER brother's mate he has been fantasizing for eighteen years" she takes the seat beside me, he greets Xanthus and takes the seat in front of her, hold on, eighteen years?

"So Aurora, any past lovers?" I hear Logan chokes on his drink and Xanthus growls lowly.

"Oh, hush would ya?" Xanthus gives her a cold glare, she rolls her eyes "fine I won't ask her about her exes" "She does not have any exes"

" Oh, really?" Josien mocks, "Her parents would not allow her to get close to any male not to talk of boyfriends," he says the last word with distaste.

"Ah," she looks at me with pity. I shift uncomfortably on my seat.

Well, this is different from every other Christmas I've ever celebrated.

The rest of the dinner is spent getting to know all Xanthus' families and getting heated glances from Logan.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Things get spicy from here😏

That doesn't sound cool so ignore it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. 🖤🖤

Have a nice day/Night!

Edited by parkjungkook_90