Chapter 33: Gone

"Is that Dorin?" I wave at the green pixel figure

"Is that Dorin?" I wave at the green pixel figure. He waves back with a small smile "Yup, he has a message. I have no idea why he wouldn't use a witch to teleport here. This method is weird" Xanthus shrugs, I roll my eyes. "You sometimes I feel you're old school. I mean you are since you're five hundred and something." I tease.

"You think I'm old?" He asks and I shrug taking a sit. Xanthus faces with a playful look he holds my face "I never said so, but if you feel you're old who am I to stop you" he moves closer and squeezes my face I grin "You are very old Xanthus" I tease, I kiss him and Dorin clears his throat.

"Please return the attention back to me. Thank you" he rolls his eyes. Xanthus gives Dorin his attention "Okay, so Hoaric died this morning" after two years he died. It's weird to hear that someone they kept prisoner and tortured is Dead after two years.

"What about Lillith?" I ask, "She said she doesn't care but I know she does I mean losing a mate should be painful. I sent Korina a letter and she wrote back with the words: 'Fuck you and I don't care' in block letters" Xanthus sighs, I could he's stressed out about Korina. "Maybe I should visit her again?" He suggests.

"No, she needs her space and she's going to get it. When she's ready--ow!" I hold my belly when the pain hits me. Xanthus holds my shoulders with worry on his face "I'm fine. Must be the baby kicking I guess. So as I was saying When she's ready she'll come back" The two demons stare at me with worry and I roll my eyes. "Seriously I'm fine" I lie, I still feel the aches but I refuse to speak up. "Have you brunt his body?" Xanthus asks after a minute of staring at me with worry.

"What? Burn his body?!" I exclaim. "Yes, he tried to kill a Lord which means his death won't be honored" Dorin answers, "Oh, well carry on" I shrug, "And I hope Lillith feels the pain of her mate body being burnt" Dorin mutters as the pixel disappears.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Xanthus asks, I nod, he places his palm on my belly and removes it instantly "Why is your stomach burning up? Your body temperature is normal but your stomach is hot like extremely hot" he panics and stands up, I stand up to calm him down "It's okay, it's not the first time"

"Not the first time? Why didn't you tell me? What else are you hiding?" He asks lowly, for the first time I see the fear in his eyes. I hug him as I feel tears build up in my eyes. "Xanthus-" he hugs me careful about my stomach. "What's all the noise about?" Kassandra comes in with a big book.

"No--"

"Her stomach is burning up and it's getting hotter by the minute" Xanthus interrupts and I sigh tiredly. Kassandra drops the book and comes to me. "Does it hurt?"

"A little but I'll be fine--"

"No, you won't! Stop acting like you're okay when you're not" Xanthus says. "What if she doesn't find a way to break the curse? What's going to happen then? What if I actually-- die?" I choke, he growls and storms off. "You shouldn't tell a demon Lord his mate is going to die y' know," Kassandra says as opens the big book with a grunt.

"Ancient books are heavy" I giggle, "According to Daria's spellbook..." She turns the book and turns again with frustration "And it's not in English"

"I need to make a spell" she announces and I stand up to go to bed.

I wake up in the middle of the night to see Xanthus laying on his face far away from me, I sigh and place a small kiss on his cheek.

When I enter into Kassandra's living room, I see she's sitting in the middle of candles of different colors with the big book opened in front of her with her eyes closed. "Hey" she whispers

"Are you allowed to talk with all of these around you?" I ask as I sit down. "I need a distraction anyway. Daria was a complicated witch. Everything here is just so--" she takes a deep breath. "Okay, so tell me about Lilly," I say.

"I don't think--"

"You need a distraction" I point out and she rolls her eyes. "She is my, she was my girlfriend" I raise an eyebrow. "She thought I cheated on her and I didn't even deny it even though I didn't I was surprised she thought I would" the candles around her go off and she sighs angrily.

"The spells require a sacrifice-- you know I might not be able to break the curse right?" I nod, "And if I do break the curse you know you might sacrifice your s--"

"Aurora?" Xanthus calls and I go to him, "Hey," I smile, I guess it doesn't matter if the curse breaks or not because either way I'm going to die but I can't tell him that.

"I'm sorry I got angry, it's just painful to hear you say that" I rest my head on his chest he strokes my tummy slowly, "I love you," I say as I go to sleep and I hear a faint reply.

It's been one month since we got here and Kassandra has been trying different spells on both living and non-living things some spells are funny while some gave us false hope.

Daria must have been one powerful witch that not even a descendant of hers could find a way to break the curse.

Each day felt like I'm closer to my death but I don't act like it, instead, I do something to take my mind off everything like now I'm discussing names with Xanthus.

"A boy: Damien," Xanthus says, this should be the best name he's come up with, every other name was difficult to pronounce, "A girl: Cleopatra" and then I start laughing.

"What's wrong with Cleo?"

"Really? No, I like the name, it's fresh and unique" he nods.

I scream as I feel pain in my whole stomach, for the first time I feel hot only on my stomach. Kassandra rushes in with a look on her face, I feel a warm liquid roll down my leg "Well, she's going into labor" Kassandra says. "What? The baby isn't supposed to come for another four weeks" Xanthus yells over my screams, two other ladies come in and drag me into a room "You can't come in. Daria is mad with your family, if she sees you see might make Aurora go through more pain" Kassandra pleads and he leaves the room.

The ladies widen my legs and chant some words, while I push out.

After a few hours, I finally hear a small cry, "The baby is out!" Kassandra yells, and cleanse me and I'm too tired to speak, Xanthus comes in and holds the baby "I guess you broke the curse Kassandra" he yells happily, I give a weak smile because he's wrong, I grow weaker and finally everything goes quiet.

I stare at Xanthus as he shakes my lifeless body that stares at the ceiling. I see tears roll down his eyes as he begs Kassandra to do who doesn't look at him.

Everything goes black as I accept I'm dead.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

Before anyone says anything I don't know a thing about childbirth.

And before you ask yes she's dead. 😔

Thanks for reading.

So that's it for this chapter. Have a nice day/Night.

Ps: I think it's a chapter left.