Chapter 18:The Amulet

I wake up in a dark room, in my underwear with little memories of the party

In a dark room.

In my underwear.

With little to no memories of the party.

And then I scream.

"What?" Xanthus asks looking around the room, searching for a threat, I stop screaming when I realize that I haven’t been kidnapped and they are not planning to torture me, but that doesn't explain why I'm almost naked.

"Did we?" I ask carefully before his lips hold a smirk"What? Did we do what?" He stands in front of me with a smirk.

"D-did we, you know" I answer, "No I don’t know Aurora" he mocks, "Did we have sex?! There, I said it,  now answer me!" I yell frustrated with his games.

"No, we did not have sex Aurora, as much as I wanted to. I didn't want to take advantage of you. Even after I refused to remove your dress from your body. You yanked your zipper down so hard that it broke your skin," he answers and my face turned red in embarrassment.

"I did all that? Why don't I remember?"

"Your drink was spiked, who was the last person that gave you a drink?" He asks, I search my brain and alI I could find is nothing, hell all I remember is dancing, every other thing is blank.

It's like I have blanks in my memories. "I-I don't remember" I answer, I might not know exactly who it is, but I do have an idea.

I'm not going to say anything to Xanthus right now but if I find out he was the one who spiked my drink I'm telling Xanthus everything.

"Must be the dream demon guy or he has someone else doing his dirty work" he says thoughtfully. "My drink was spiked with what? A rape drug?" I joke but he doesn't bat an eye. "No, it was spiked with Sioncardun." He answers.

"Okay... What is Sioncardun?" I'm surprised I said it correctly.

"It's a plant that makes you lose self-control. It makes one yearn for a male's touch that it would leave you no choice but to get it. it's mostly made by witches which means our dream demon has a witch on his side" he answers.

"So I didn't have sex with anyone?" I ask and he nods, I sigh in relief, "Why would he do that?" I ask Xanthus.

"I don't know, and for us to know we have to find out who the mysterious dream demon is" I know who the dream demon is and I doubt he would spike my drink with such a plant.

"That doesn't explain why I don't remember what happened last night," I say, "he wiped your memories to keep his identity" Xanthus replies angrily.

"I'm going to change and have breakfast" I stand up, "It's lunchtime already" I slept for a very long time.

~●~

I make my way to Logan's room, I want to be sure he didn't spike my drink, the door is opened before I raise my fist to knock. It was like he was expecting me.

"What?" He snaps rudely, "Did you spike my drink?", nice going Aurora. He stares at me angrily, "Look if you don't have any better thing to do stop coming to me," he answers, "Did you or did you not spike my drink, Logan?" I say almost yelling.

"I have better things to do, my whole doesn't revolve around you" I shake my head with a pity smile on my face. "You spiked my drink so I could have sex with you Logan. You disgust me Logan" he has a broken expression on his face but I don't allow that to fool me as I walk away from him.

"N--Aurora. Let me explain '' I turn to the way of Xanthus's study, I'm going to tell him everything.

I knock and enter, "Hi" I wave nervously, he raises his head from the files he was checking, "Uh...Hi," he says, "Look, I have to tell you something" my heart starts beating loudly in my chest.

How would he react when I tell him Logan is my ex-boyfriend who was the dream demon that spiked my drink.

"Aurora? I've been calling you but you did not reply, you were spacing out. Is something wrong?"

"Huh? Sorry, I w-was just thinking about something- Maybe I should come back later" I'm out of his office before he replies.

"Where have you been?" I ask Korina, "You weren't around for the dance" I answer, "Sorry, the dance was only for mates, and Hoaric and I aren't true mates" she answers with a small smile on her face.

"Oh, I'm sure there were other mates there yesterday that weren't true mates," I say.

"Hoaric said it would be a waste of time anyway how are you? How was the dance? What dress did you wear?" She changes the subject, "I'm good, I have little memory of the dance and oh I wore a white dress" she chuckles at my response, I'm happy I have a friend that could distract me.

"I know right, Philomel is such a beautiful horse I mean look at that hair," Korina says dreamily, we had been here for almost an hour and most of the time it had been filled with stories of Philomel, from her birth to her first injury to her first flight.

Korina really fancies the horse and all I respond with Is a yes or a no or even a wow I had no idea.

"She's the only one who knows me well" she sighs sadly, I turn her to face me and place my hands on her shoulders, "You know you can tell me anything right? You don't always have to tell a horse everything. If you want to speak to me, I'll listen, even when I'm on my period I'll still listen to you. I promise Korina" she hugs me.

I feel something wet drip onto my shoulder, "T-thank you. I promise when I'm ready to speak I'll come to you" I smile.

"Lady Korina and Lady Aurora" a guard approaches us with a bow, "Lord Asmodeus requires your presence," The guard says to me. "Oh," I frown, "why?"

"He didn't say" Did he find out the truth? Is that why he sent for me? Oh God, I'm not even going to think about that. I followed the guards after waving to Korina who mouthed 'good luck' to me.

We stop in front of a huge golden door, "You can leave now" Xanthus dismisses the guard and faces me as he opens the door. I stare at the room full of all kinds of stones: Diamonds, Rubies e.t.c, the room is practically glowing "wow" he shows me a glass box where a thin Amulet with a green stone, emerald is laid.

"It's been spelled, it will keep you safe from the dream demon. He won’t be able to manipulate your dreams or anything since he is a mystery to us. Never take it off" he says but I feel like he isn't telling me the real reason for the necklace.

The Amulet lays flat on my chest but you will still be able to see the stone, especially because of how it shines in the evening sun. I sigh guiltily "Xanthus, the dream demon is--"

"Rogue demons escaped again" I guess fate doesn't want me to inform him about Logan.

He hurriedly places a kiss on my head and speeds off leaving me a room full of STONES!! Well time to know more about stones.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Hold on tight you do not want to miss the next chapter.

Thanks for reading. 🖤🖤

Edited by: parkjungkook_90