Chapter 32: Kassandra

After three months of tracking and arguing with Xanthus, we finally found Kassandra

After three months of tracking and arguing with Xanthus, we finally found Kassandra. And I'm already showing since demon babies only stay in the womb for five months and I'm already at my third month Xanthus has been extra careful with me, I'm not even allowed to go into the kitchen to eat which is quite annoying. I wouldn't believe the curse isn't real if I didn't receive some symptoms;

I stare at the dark lines on my protruding belly, I rub my belly gently like it's an egg, the dark lines looking like veins are a bother to me, but I don't complain to Xanthus since he isn't aware. He's worried about the curse already I don't need him seeing the lines and getting extra worried, the only person who knows about the dark lines is Josien, she accidentally saw the lines and wanted to inform Xanthus but I had told her to swear she wouldn't tell him.

I put on a light blue dress, with black flats before I zip up my suitcase, I feel a sharp pain at the side of my stomach and I groan, I'm not surprised actually. It isn't the first time, the first time I screamed, I guess its part of the curse. And I'm happy we've found Kassandra, and she's in Faries Realm like Lilly said.

I hear the window shake a little, and look outside to see a shadowed figure, the stranger knocks on the window quietly,  I open the window and he rushes in. He's wearing a grey hoodie.

Then he hugs me with was awkward because of my belly and I don't know him, I open my mouth to scream but when he reveals his face I stay quiet with open mouth "Logan?" I whisper, his hair is longer and he's longer, with a stubble.

"Hi" he smiles cheekily, "H-how are you alive? I saw you being buried. Actually, I didn't but you were buried. Is it a demon thing to come back to life?" I point my finger at him. "I decided to leave, you were right and I also discovered what I was doing was foolish so I faked my death" he keeps a smile on his face.

"Wow, where have you been?" Asking I take a sit on the bed resting my elbow on my suitcase, he stares at my stomach, he raises an eyebrow in surprise "You're pregnant, wow. I missed a lot" I nod and I rub my clothed belly. "Yeah, you were dead for 2 years so... What's been going on with you?" I ask again.

"Found my mate, but she was on her death bed I watched her die" his expression changes to pain, I hug him sideways "Then I offended a dragon princess who I'm running from, just because I broke her special brush" he chuckles as he air quotes special. I hear my name being called  "I should get going" I stand up and begin to drag my bag "Don't tell anyone I'm alive" he says. "I prefer if they think I'm dead" he adds and jumps out the window.

I roll my suit bag behind me, Xanthus waits with his own bag below the stairs, I smile slightly without looking at my steps. I slip and feel myself falling until Xanthus catches me glaring at me angrily "Dammit! Couldn't you be more careful" tears build up in my eyes "I-i'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention" he hugs me and sighs "No, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed that's all" he crashes his lips on mine.

"The portal is ready. Do you have everything?" He asks and I nod, he tries to roll my bag but I stop him "I'm pregnant, not disabled Xanthus!" He smirks and ignores me.

I close my eyes as we enter into the portal, when I open my eyes the first thing I notice is the colorful trees, the lower part of the tree is pink and blue the upper part is gold the leaves are bright and little creatures are flying playfully around the green leaves, and the flowing blue waterfall.

"Ugh! I hate Faries world" Xanthus groans, I giggle "It's beautiful"

"No it's colorful and it makes me want to barf, it looks like a little kid's nightmare" I push him slightly, "No, a little kid's nightmare isn't this pretty," a guard behind us rolls our bag to us, "Come on according to Lilly, her cottage should be around here. Witches love being around nature"  Xanthus leads the way and we stop when we see a cottage. A tall brunette walks out with crossed arms.

"I had a dark feeling, guess my feelings are never wrong. What do you want demon?" She glares at Xanthus, "Are you, Kassandra?" He ignores her question.

Well, there are never going to be friends.

"Who's asking?"

"I'm lor--"

"He's Lord Asmodeus and we need Kassandra's help" she finally looks at me, I could feel Xanthus glare on me. "I'm Kassandra." I smile.

"Maybe we come in?"

"Not until you tell me why you need my help" she crosses her arms, "Daria's curse" her eyebrows raise in realization "oh, you're the demon she cursed" she laughs slightly. "My great-grandfather then it was passed down to me" he glares at him. She invites us in and offers us biscuits and tea.

"I didn't come here to eat biscuits and tea Witch!" Xanthus says, "I'm being a nice host demon!" I roll my eyes at both of them. "So Daria's curse is really affecting you. Daria must have been a fearless witch" she chuckles as she sips her tea, her eyes move to our bags and she nods "What makes you think I'd help the family that destroyed an ancestor of mine" she sits up, Xanthus throws his hands in frustration.

"This is why I told you we should just kidnap her and torture her till she agrees to help!" I jump at his tone, Kassandra shrugs "If you had kidnapped, I would have placed a different curse on you that would have consumed me then you'd lose the only true descendant of Daria" Xanthus crosses his arms.

"I know you're not like Daria" I finally speak, "And who told you that?"

"Lilly" her eyes soften, "Is she still mad at me?" She asks quietly, "She didn't tell us about your issues but I doubt Lilly keeps malice"

"You're only saying that so I'd help you" she blinks, "Okay, I'll help. But I don't think I can break Daria's curse, but I'll try" I smile thankfully.

She shows us our rooms and Xanthus and I settle in.

━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━

Next chapter will be better 🤞

Thanks for reading ❤️

Have a nice day\Night.

THE DEMON'S PROMISED✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara