Chapter 25: Dates and Confessions

"Logan lied too? He spiked your drink as well?" I nod, "Humph

"Logan lied too? He spiked your drink as well?" I nod, "Humph." She crosses her arms and huffs, "Please tell me you made him feel some sort of pain" she pleads.

"What? You didn't?! What about all the things I thought of you as" Hollie pushes my shoulder, "what else did I miss when I was gone?" I ask as I hug a pillow.

"Oh nothing, just that Justin cheated on me" she shrugs, I gasp "You're joking," I say hoping she is but her facial expression says she isn't "What? Why?" I ask.

Justin was her boyfriend for three years, she must have been really hurt "Well, I never asked him because after I found out, I burnt his house and stole the engine from his car, not without some help of course" she smirks, a laugh escapes my mouth.

"You know how much he loves that car. I mean he had to work his butt off to get that car. And the house was a present from his grandparents because his parents kicked him out" I remind her and all she does is shrugs.

"Guess he will have to live with him mommy and daddy again" she fakes a sad pout "Oh wait, he can't, not without paying rent" I shake my head at her craziness.

Hollie's ideas of revenge are usually scary to me, once she pushed a girl into a pond for calling her a duck in front of her crush.

"When I came up here I saw Isabelle or at least I thought I did, she’s not like before. She didn't even smile at me" she says.

Isabelle had always loved Hollie to the point I was once jealous of their relationship until she told me she likes Hollie because she knows how to pay people back when they hurt her.

"Yeah, she's been like that since I came back" I absentmindedly touch my mark, "Maybe she's an alien that was planted on earth to eat our brains" she whispers.

"I thought Zombies eat brains," I say to her, "Then what do Aliens eat?" I shrug as a response. "I don't know"

"I'm happy you're back, next week we can go shopping, then you can watch me take my driver's test,--"

"Hollie, you know I'm just here temporarily, as much as I would like to pretend I never went to Dapphion, that Asmodeus isn't my mate, I can't. I have a mark on my neck that is a constant reminder, it burns me each time someone of the opposite sex touches me, I can't pretend that none of that isn't real. I doubt I would be here next week because the mark can only burn so little before it seeks the attention of its master" I finish with a thoughtful look on my face, Hollie hugs me tightly as she cries with me.

"I just wish you could stay forever, do you remember how we became friends?" she asks and a small laugh escapes through my lips.