Chapter 15: The Dreams

I'm running, I'm running because he is chasing me, Xanthus is chasing me with a sharp sword, sharp enough to cut my head in one swift move

I'm running, I'm running because he is chasing me, Xanthus is chasing me with a sharp sword, sharp enough to cut my head in one swift move. I keep on running, I try to scream but my mouth is sealed shut.

I keep on running in different directions as long as I can hide from him and his sharp sword I'm safe. I hear his laugh that sounds so evil "Come out, come out wherever you are" he taunts, "oh, but I will not hurt you, my beautiful mate. Who am I kidding? Mate or not you are still going to die!" He laughs at the end of his sentence.

I feel like my heart wants to escape from my chest, "Boo!" I hear his voice close to my ear, I scream and run. He runs fast at me but it's obvious he isn't using his demon speed.

Tears roll down my cheeks, yet no one's here to save me, I'm all alone. "Aurora?" I see a shadow, "W-who are you?" My voice cracks, Xanthus wouldn't call my name so softly, "it's me Logan"

I run into his arms and sob softly too scared he will hear my voice, "he's chasing me, w-with a s-sharp s-s-" I can't even finish my sentence, "ssh, I'm here now," he pats my head, "But why does he want to kill me?" He sighs.

"My cousin is crazy, he is a greater demon" I nod my head in understanding, I freeze when I hear his voice "aw isn't this cute, Romeo is here to save his Juliet but who is going to save Romeo?" He sadistically laughs

"Xanthus you don't want to do this" Logan pushes me behind his back, "Why?" He tilts his head, "she's your mate for crying out loud!" Logan yells, "so? I'm not the first demon to kill his mate, it's all about power!" Xanthus chuckles, Logan pulls me to him and we start running, we enter into a soft and warm place. "He can't find us here" I hug him.

"Thank you"

"You don't have to, I love you and I'll protect you with my life!"

I wake up with a gasp, wow, that is the weirdest dream I've ever had.

Why would I dream about Xanthus trying to kill me?

And why was it Logan who  saved me?

What did that dream mean?

All these questions in my head are giving me a huge headache, I better go take a calming shower.

Xanthus and I are the only one present during lunch. I've been tense ever since I saw Xanthus,  I'm scared that he will notice my strange behavior. On the other hand, Logan never failed to send me a smile. Which I usually returned with a blank stare

The fork I'm about to put in my mouth freezes when Xanthus holds his table knife, the same way he did in my dream, "Are you okay?" He asks and all I do is nod. "Excuse me" I stand up and I'm out of the room before he convinces me to stay.

When I'm out if the dining room, I'm pulled into a dark small room, "Wha-" the light is turned on, "Logan?! What am I doing here?" I almost yell. "I had to see you. I've missed you!" He pulls me into a hug but I don't return the gesture.

"You shouldn't rub all your scent on me," I say, "Y-you don't love me anymore?!" He asks fearfully, "It's because of my cousin right?!" He whispers angrily, "Your cousin has nothing to do with this! You lost me all by yourself! I waited for you to come that day, I waited thinking you were just late. I still believed you would come back even after waiting for a whole month! But after a while, I realized you dumped me without even giving a reason. You left without a fucking goodbye!" I would have cried if I wasn't so mad at him.

We were going to celebrate our six months anniversary. I waited for him at the restaurant but he never came. I received looks of  pity from other couples. Even after he didn't come I still waited thinking he was late because some hunter tried to hold him down because he is a demon, but after two months I realized he left me and I cried, I wasn't even able to tell my parents what was wrong with me because they had no idea I had a boyfriend.

"I'm sorry, my father called me" he cups my cheeks, I push him off, "No! You could have sent me a letter even if you couldn't call" I say, "Please forgive me, I promise to make it up to you!"

"It's late! I have a mate and you are nothing but a past" I say and walk out the door, leaving him in tears.

I'm falling, I'm falling because he pushed me off a tower, he told me he wanted to show me something, and I followed only for me to see that he plans to push me off, but I realized too late because now I'm falling.

I'm falling to my death, Xanthus pushed me, he doesn't care if I fall and break my skull, after all, it's all about power.

I feel someone hold my hand, I see it's Logan, he's saving me again from the monster. He pulls me into his arms and teleports us to the ground. By this time Xanthus had left the tower thinking I'd died. "Thank you, I don't know why he wants to kill me so bad" I cry into his shoulders.

"I've told you to be careful around my cousin, he is a monster!" He yells but I could tell he's only angry because he cares for me. He presses his lips on mine.

I snapped my eyes open, I fell asleep because I was bored out of my mind.

Why do I keep dreaming of Xanthus killing me?

Why is it that Logan that saves me?

Is someone trying to send me a message?

I hear a knock on the door before the door is opened. "A normal person would wait to hear a come in before entering a room" Xanthus rolls his eyes. "Apologies. Follow me I need your assistance" I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you have advisers," I say, "You are my mate and queen of Dapphion, your opinion is what I need!" I stand up when I hear the authority in his voice. "Fine, fine. No need to get your pants in a  twist."

I followed him through a narrow hallway, this was how my dream started. I can hear my heart beating really fast, "Are you okay? Your heart is beating extremely fast"

"Where are we going?" I ask just to be sure. "It's a surprise" I'm sure my heart stopped beating for a minute. We stop in front of a wall, and Xanthus punches in a code, we hear a click and the door is opened, "W-what is this place" it doesn't look like a tower, that is a relief because I don't know what I would have done if he showed me a tower.

"Weapon's room" he states, some men in the room greet us, I wave, and Xanthus nods. "So... You need my assistance how?" He pulls out a sword, the exact replica of the one in my dream. "Oh my God!"  I say before everything goes dark.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Any thoughts on Aurora's dreams?

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote.

Have a nice day/Night