Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday

After getting a glass of water from the kitchen I walk back to my room but stop when I hear whimpers coming from my sister's room, I knock but I don't get any response instead, the whimpers get louder "Isabelle? Izzy!" I twist the knob to see my s...

After getting a glass of water from the kitchen I walk back to my room but stop when I hear whimpers coming from my sister's room, I knock but I don't get any response instead, the whimpers get louder "Isabelle? Izzy!" I twist the knob to see my sister rolling around on the bed with tears rolling down her cheeks. I run to her and scoop her into my arms.

"Isabelle" I shake her to wake up, she snaps her eyes open and stares at me with dead eyes before she starts crying.

"What's wrong?" I pull her closer as she shivers with fat tears rolling down her face "It's dark, quiet lonely" she cries harder, "I don't understand" I hug her tighter.

"It was cold, dark, lonely, quiet, that's what death feels like- I couldn't even see my own shadow, it was pure silence, the only sound in the dark, lonely, cold place was my cries for help," she said fearfully.

I almost tear up at her revelation, I never knew she felt this way "It was so dark" she buries her head in the name of my neck "Isabelle" I rub her back "I'm scared Aurora, I'm scared that the darkness will come back, I'm scared that I will be left alone again"

"Hey, hey hey, you have nothing to be afraid of Izzy, no one is going to leave you alone. Mom, Dad, Ernest, and I are here for you Isabelle, don't let your fears control you, don't let them stop you from having fun or being yourself. Look I'm not a therapist and I don't have the best advice but what I'm going to say is, face your fears and show it the middle finger"

"What's does show it a middle finger mean?" Shoot, why did I have to say that, I mentally facepalm myself and try to think of an excuse to cover that up.

"Um, it means you tell your fears to go away because they don't and won't control you anymore," she nods "Yes, I won't be afraid anymore but for one more time. Could you stay till I fall asleep?" I nod and place a kiss on her head and lay her down.

I leave her room after she falls asleep, I go to my room to see Xanthus staring at the sky "What are you doing here?" I frown "How is she?" He asks totally ignoring my question.

"Not good" I take a seat on the foot of my bed "I'm so sorry" he apologizes and looks at the ground "If I had been more careful she wouldn't have fallen down the stairs and Logan wouldn't have used some dark and twisted way to wake her up" he rakes his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, she probably needs a therapist, also what do you mean he used a dark and twisted way to wake her up?" I frown

"That red strand of hair, she's bound to another creature. It's not normal," he says "She won't ever be able to die," he says and my eyes widen "What?"

"I'm not so sure since I have no idea what creature she's bound to" he rubs his chin, I lay down on the bed and look up at the ceiling, with a heavy sigh he lays down beside me "I never did apologize for Marking you forcefully," he says, "that's correct," I say "I'm sorry that I marked you without your permission to do so"