Chapter 16: The Dance (1)

I wake up with a groan and a terrible headache

I wake up with a groan and a terrible headache. I look around the dim room and my eyes meet with a pair of warm violet eyes and a pair of angry eyes. I would hate to be the reason for that person’s anger.

I groan again, “Hi” a female voice whispers, the owner of the violet eyes I think to myself. I have never seen someone with such beautiful eyes. “Um” my voice is groggy, “here I’ll help you sit up,” she says and helps me sit up comfortably.

The owner of the grey eyes stares at me with pure rage in their eyes. We’re in Xanthus’s room and he’s glaring at me with pure anger. I wonder what I did this time, I sigh deeply mentally.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” he roars, I wince at his loud shouts, slowly everything comes together and I understand why he’s angry. The dreams, the swords, I gasp and shift around nervously.

“T-tell you what?” I stutter while meeting his gaze, his eyes hold anger with the slightest bit of hurt in them. “Why didn’t you tell me you were having me killing you?” he asks me softly, his tone completely different from a few seconds ago. His tone is soft but his fists are still clenched.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I say acting like I don’t know anything about what he’s saying, I look around his room and see a picture of me hung on the wall of his room. Whoever took the picture of me made sure I looked directly at the camera without noticing I was also taking a picture. 

“You were having terrible nightmares and yet you still refused to tell me! Then you passed out almost immediately when I showed a weapon! Why didn’t you tell me you were having dreams of me trying to kill you! Do you know how powerful those types of dreams are?! If you hadn’t fainted I wouldn’t have known about this and they would have driven you insane, you wouldn’t know the difference between your dreams and reality!” he snaps at me, I wince, and unknowingly, tears build up in the corners of my eyes. 

“You’re scaring her” the lady glares at him, he glares back and snaps “Good! Maybe that will teach her that she has to tell me every single problem she has! This is the demon world, every little thing needs to be looked at because unlike Earth, even the tiniest thing could make a huge problem.”

“What is the name of the person who saves you in your dreams? Maybe then we can find out what he wants, apparently, we’re dealing with a dream demon” he asks, his name is on the tip of my tongue yet I didn’t speak a word, I don’t know what Xanthus will do if he finds out the one who saves me in my dreams is none other than his cousin.

“I-I don’t know who it is.. He’s always wearing a cloak” I say and disbelief flashes in his eyes, does he know that I’m lying? Is that why he wants me to tell him this guy’s name? I blink away the tears in my eyes.

“You are lying” he states and sighs in annoyance when I stay silent. “I will force an answer out of you by getting into your head if you don’t tell me now!” I shake my head and the lady stands up “You can’t get her to answer through her head, I just went through her mind.” The lady says firmly.