Chapter 19:Marked

After hours of staring at different gemstones, I hear the door being opened and Xanthus comes to me with an apologetic expression on his face, "I was in a rush

After hours of staring at different gemstones, I hear the door being opened and Xanthus comes to me with an apologetic expression on his face, "I was in a rush. Sorry I kind of locked you in here" I smile and shrug.

"This room is pretty" I say, he nods "yeah, it is old actually, it is where all the past queen's gemstones are placed, along with presents that were given to my family" no wonder it has so many stones and the room is huge, almost like a whole house.

"How did the demons escape?" I ask on our way to dinner, "I have no idea, but the demons that attacked were not as much as the last time.

We also changed the guardian of the gate since the old one was easily distracted" he rolls his eyes at the last part and a chuckle escapes my lips.

"I will have to invite other demon lords so we could discuss how the demons that escaped and who helped them escaped" I could sense he is troubled by not knowing who helped them escape, I rub his shoulder and he relaxes a little.

The dining room is packed already, Xanthus and I take our seats. Maids rush in to serve us, conversations are held in the dining room between Xanthus and his family.

I'll sometimes contribute but my thoughts are on how I'll inform Xanthus about Logan, speaking of Logan he isn't here, as well Lilith.

"You've barely taken a bite out of your food. Are you sure you're okay?" Dorin asks worriedly, everyone places their attention on me which makes me awkward.

"Yes, no, I mean yes I'm fine" now I sound suspicious, Josien stares at me worriedly, "is it a yes or a no?" Xanthus asks, "It's a yes, I just need to lay down" Xanthus stares at my food then stares at my face.

"Aurora sit down and eat!" The sudden harshness in his voice has me sitting down without and an objection desperately trying to blink my tears away.

"Xa--"

"No Josien she has to eat, the human body needs food to survive and I won't have my mate dying on me," Xanthus says as he stares at me, "If I have to force the food--" he takes a deep breath.

"Please eat your food," he says calmly but I can hear the tightness in his voice, "I'm sorry I'm late" Logan walks into the dining room ignoring the tension.

"Your presence wasn't needed anyway" Josien remarks, Logan glares at her before he stares at me with questioning gazes, I ignore him and eat my food.

Why did Logan come in late?

After lunch, Rekal comes to me, "You've been avoiding me" I state as I walk out of the castle with Rekal hot on my trail, my yellow dress moves to the side the breeze blows it to.