Chapter 31: Daria

I smile softly as I watch everyone open their presents

I smile softly as I watch everyone open their presents. They decided to celebrate Christmas in Dapphion, my parents and everyone else are here well except Korina, we haven't seen her for the past two years. Each year she sends us a letter simply saying 'I'm alive don't worry about me' Xanthus tries to not worry about her but I could see he's finding it difficult.

The one time he went to find her she yelled at him telling him to leave her be. And she keeps on saying she's having fun with her new human boyfriend my guess is she's using humans to distract herself from reality and I'm not judging her. That day Xanthus came back home hurt, hurt that his own sister wants nothing to do with him and I tried to cheer him and it worked after 48 hours.

For the past two years, I'll visit my parents every six months; the middle of the year, and the beginning to keep up to the promise I made to Isabelle.

"Ooh open mine," Josien says to Xanthus he rolls his eyes, after many pleadings he finally agreed to celebrate Christmas with a lot of turkeys to eat. And I'm pretty sure my present to him would be the best.

Xanthus opens the box and a puppy barks at him, Xanthus stares at Josien blankly who continues smiling "I don't like pets" Xanthus tells her. I chuckle as I sip my water and pick up the puppy "Thank you" I say softly to Josien who smiles brightly. Everyone had been hurt when they learned Logan died I wasn't allowed to speak at his funeral because I wasn't considered his family but I sneaked later to talk without anyone's knowledge except Josien.

Josien and I friendship grew over the years to the extent we go on vacations without the knowledge of either of our mates which would later earn us scoldings from both of them.

"Open mine last" I whisper to Xanthus who nods and smiles brightly, I got a lot of gifts, a lot of spelled gifts that I wouldn't trade for anything from everyone. After many opening of presents, Xanthus picks up my box.

I'm really anxious to know what his reaction would be so I take a long sip from my water and sit still as he carefully unwraps the gift, everyone except Dorin and Rekal are waiting for his reaction.

He opens the box and his expression turns to one of confusion as he brings out a blue onesie with 'Daddy' written in bold letters. His face turns to realization before it morphs to anger. "You're pregnant?!" He yells and I jump back a little at the hostility in his tone. "Y-yes" I say slowly, I hear Dorin mutter "oh shit" quietly. Xanthus stands up "What do you mean you're pregnant?!" His eyes gold anger and a little bit of fear. "I have a baby growing inside of me" I answer. The room is silent that you could hear a pin drop.

Then he growls and leaves the room in a rush. I feel my eyes sting as I sit slowly. Josien comes to my side and rubs my shoulders, I blink the tears away. "He's angry at me" I cry.

I remember the day we discovered I'm pregnant.

.Flashback.

Josien enters the room and laughs as she takes in my appearance "wow, you look horrible" she laughs more. "Gee thanks, I love hearing that" I roll my eyes, she frowns and touches me "What's wrong?"

"I don't know, everywhere hurts. Sometimes I vomit, sometimes I feel dizzy and, and--" I start crying then glare at her as she starts laughing "You sound like me when I was preg-- When was the last time you saw your period" I throw a pillow at her "You sound like my mom" I groan she shrugs and I think, I haven't had my period in a month and I thought it's Dapphion messing with my period. Could I be really pregnant? I mean I'm only twenty. "You're pregnant!" She exclaims and screams "This is so good! We have to tell Xanthus! We need to do a lot of things!" I sit up.

"Hold on, we aren't even sure"

"Lilly is a which we could ask her to check" she pulls me up and drags me to Lilly's room. "What do you want?" She asks with half-opened eyes "We need to find out if Aurora is pregnant!" Josien says enthusiastically, Lilly opens her eyes and pulls us into her room she lays me on her bed and chants a spell then smiles "You are pregnant!" Well, this is interesting...

.Flashback Over.

"I'll go to him," Dorin says and pulls Rekal with him, my mom stands up and hugs me "We have to go. But I'll call you" I nod and she leaves with my dad, Isabelle, and Ernest while Josien sits with me.

It's been two days since I told Xanthus the news, I guess he must be sleeping in the castle. Josien has been here with me and I told her to go home that I'll be fine alone and she left reluctantly.

I hear the front door close and I groan, "Josien, I said I'll be f--" it's not Josien, "Hi" and I hug him, he hugs me back as I bury my head in his neck and inhale his familiar scent. Then I push him away and stare at with a glare. "Why did you get mad at me?! You left me for two days" I cross my arms and pop out a hip.

"You should sit down for what I'm about to tell you," he says seriously and I sit down.

"I got angry because of the curse"

"Curse? What curse?" I ask carefully, "Whoever gives birth to the first son of the royal family dies" he quotes and I stare at him without blinking. "What?" I whisper, "My mom died, my grandmother died because of the curse. My father didn't take the curse seriously he thought the curse didn't exist that was until I was born and my mom died" I stand up with fury.

"And you didn't think to tell me?!" I yell, he stands up "It never came up!" I ran my hand through my hair "It never came up? Two years and some months and the thought of you informing me about the curse never came up?!" I take a deep breath and stare at me.

"What about Josien? She's older than you"

"She's adopted, Korina is from another demon" this is so messed up. "That's why you got mad?!" He nods, I sit down "Who cursed you?" He sits close to me but I move away from him he stares at me with a hurt expression and I ignore him.

"Daria was a powerful witch" he starts, "My grandfather used to bed her one night he accidentally turned her into a demon but the process wasn't completely leaving her a half-demon half-witch, the weakest creature. After the promises my grandfather made to her he left her for my grandmother another demon princess. Daria used her last power to curse my grandmother when she was pregnant but the power consumed her and she died after cursing my grandmother." He finishes. I sigh.

"Lilly is a witch maybe she could break the curse" I suggest, "Lilly doesn't deal with black magic" I take a deep breath, we hear a knock and Xanthus opens the door Lilly comes in.

"Sorry, Dorin just told me what happened and I think I have a solution," she says and sits down "I'm friends with Daria's descendant," she says and Xanthus stares at her in shock "Daria never had a kid"

"She had one before she met your grandfather. And that kid had another kid who had another kid who had another kid--"

"Hold on I'm confused" I frown. "Daria had Xena, Xena had Phillida, Phillida had Kassandra and Kassandra lives in The Fenymi: Faries world"

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

Few more chapters to go!

Maybe five or four not sure🤔

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Thanks for reading.