Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss

"Now remember, no king likes a queen that speaks out of line," Rose begins staring directly into my eyes, her expression is a neutral one, unlike mine

Tired, and frustrated.

For the past three hours, we'd been over this; how a queen should act and shouldn't, it was tiresome and I had to play along all because I don't want them to catch up with my plan.

I sigh and nod but she shakes her head in disapproval, "Words, replying with no words is a form of disrespect!" Her tone is tired and annoyed, probably because this is the third time she's explaining it.

I get up from the cream-colored couch. "Three hours that's how long we've been at this, that's how long you've been teaching me how to be the perfect puppet for your king!" My voice raises a bit and I take a deep breath before continuing, "You aren't teaching me how to be a queen and quite frankly I don't care—but what I won't tolerate is you teaching me how to be a puppet!"

"That's how queens are! They are puppets and the kings are the puppet masters!"

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not a queen," I say before walking away.

Rekal isn't waiting for me outside, which is a bit of a surprise. A part of me is hoping he hasn't gone to tell Xanthus what happened between Kenji and me—speaking of Kenji, I narrow my eyes as I see him walk in the other direction.

Without much thought, I follow him, but he stops and turns around, his blue eyes showing a bit of surprise before he sighs. A guilty grin makes its way to my lips.

"How may I be of help to the lord's mate this time?" I caught up to him.

He doesn't stop walking and I don't stop either. "I need your help." He looks down at me with raised eyebrows and nods for me to continue.

"Someone might hear," I whisper, some demons pass by without sparing us a second glance which I'm grateful for.

I know it only takes a few minutes before Rekal or Xanthus realizes I'm not at the library anymore, Kenji stops in front of a building and invites me and I guessed it was his place.

It gives off a cozy but empty feeling, in fact, it doesn't have any sentimental stuff. "This is nice." I trace my fingers over the black leather couch and he chuckles before disappearing into a corner only returning with a glass with red liquid in it.

I stretch my hand to collect, "Tha—" he pushes my hand away.

"Who said it's for you? I'm not going to offer you anything." He sits on one of the couches with a loud sigh shutting his eyes as the drink goes down his throat, his Adam apple moves up and down as he swallows. "Don't tell me you're turned on right now,"

An embarrassed blush makes my cheeks. I wasn't exactly turned on, I was more...attracted, simply because Kenji has been nice okay, maybe not completely sweet to me but he has been the only person since I arrived that has caught my attention this way.