Chapter 11: Estratos

The tension between us is as thick as ever, even as the generals left and we left for the room

The tension between us is as thick as ever, even as the generals left and we left for the room. Neither of us has spoken a word to each other—I am too proud to break the ice, but at this point, I don't care what breaks the ice between us.

Be it a clap of thunder, or a pin dropping, any fucking thing, because I'm dying to ask him something. My luck just has it when his wristwatch slips from his wrist and shatters on the floor, with a wave of his hand the mess disappears and I'm grateful for it.

"I'll like to come along." I say placing my legs under my butt, Xanthus doesn't pay me any attention as he removes his chain from his neck. "Since I'm here and never leaving again, I think it's just right that I know the other side of Dapphion, where your brother stays." I press on, his lack of response is killing me.

My eyes follow him as he disappears into the bathroom and returns in his sleepwear, "Pack light we'll only be gone for a few days." Are the words he speaks before turning the light off.

And in the morning we're both packed, and I watched as our bags are lifted into a separate carriage that is hooked to two demon horses, the other one is opened and I'm assisted into the carriage.

It's gold mixed with a deep red, a sensual color that gives off royalty vibes. I can already tell Xanthus has many warriors following us, which makes me question his relationship with his brother.

He is right beside me, his attention solely on a scroll totally ignoring me once again, the silence is killing me. I agreed to give my freedoms and this is what I get; a silent treatment!

I peek my head out the window of the carriage and sigh, afternoon is soon approaching and I wonder how far is his brother's home.

"We aren't in Dapphion anymore right? I guess we have five minutes left before we get to your brother's castle." I ask him, a rumble leaves his throat and he connects his eyes with mine as he speaks.

"I am a king, do you really think my kingdom is that small? We're still in my Dapphion, my kingdom." He rolls the scroll, places it down and picks another. His response surprises me.

In the map, I learned that Dapphion is rather small but seeing the kingdom through the window as we travel proves the map is fake and tells a lot of lies.

"This is just the end of Dapphion. If we started traveling from the beginning, we wouldn't get there till a week's time. But through that Dapphion is rather small but seeing the kingdom through the window as we go over the words of the scroll. From his tone I can tell he isn't excited about the trip, he doesn't want to see his brother which I consider weird, who wouldn't want to meet their sibling?