Chapter 14: The Talk

You should be happy I didn't take you when you were a baby, maybe you would have fallen in love with me by now!" I let out a sarcastic laugh

"Fall in love with you?! I will never fall in love with you, I only accepted the deal because I knew you would mess up everything, then I will be able to return back to Earth!" I see hurt in his eyes before he masks his expression.

"you only agreed because you were hoping I would mess up?!" I roll my eyes, "I can't believe this" he shakes his head, forgetting the door is locked I twist the doorknob and it opens surprisingly, I slam the door and walk to my room. Maybe what I said was too much, now I feel like a villain.

I flop on my bed staring at the white ceiling, I spent minutes staring into space and thinking of how my life changed on my eighteenth birthday. The door is opened by Korina.

"Hey, where have you been?" I ask her worriedly. "I woke up early today and decided to walk around the castle, mostly to avoid Hoaric"

"Oh, why are you all dressed up?" I ask, staring at her fancy blue dress, "It's lunchtime, and we all eat lunch together." she answers.

"Does that mean I have to dress fancy again?" I ask sadly, she chuckles and nods.

I put on a blue dress that stops above my knees and I wear flat black shoes. "No heels?" She asks, "Nope!" I answer and we leave the room while I put my hair up.

Everyone is present during lunch, Korina and I sit down, I sit beside Xanthus and Korina sits beside Hoaric, discomfort clear on her face. Logan sits in front of me like last night staring at me.

Maids fill our plates, I hear a gasp from Josien, "Is that a hickey" she points to my neck, everyone's attention moves to my neck.

"H-hickey?" I squeak, Josien gives me a mirror. "Haha! I knew it!" Lilith says, I look at my reflection in the mirror and I freeze.

The hickey is where Logan's teeth grazed my skin earlier today, how foolish of me to put my hair up, I see everyone staring at me waiting for an explanation, Xanthus holds a hurt expression on his face.

"Why do you look sad? You were the one who gave her the hickey didn't you?" Josien asks, confused. Logan tries to hide a smirk.

"It's not-- It's a bite," I say, "Yeah, a love bite" Josien wiggles her eyebrow. "No-no, I went to the forest yesterday to relax my brain-- and I think something must have bitten me. I didn't even feel it" I lie through my teeth.

"I never saw you leaving the castle yesterday," Lilith said squinting her eyes at me, "You aren't her personal guard so you wouldn't be able to see her leave" Korina snaps and Lilith shuts her mouth with a huff.

"We should get it treated then," Xanthus says, I can see relief in his expression while Logan frowns and glares at Xanthus, "No need, I-i'm sure it's just a normal mosquito bite" I give a small smile, deep down I feel really guilty like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do.

"Then let's eat!" Josien's mate says, I still don't know his name. Everyone agrees with him, I feel Logan stare at me, I refuse to acknowledge that I lied to everyone, it's all his fault, I wish I never met him that day.

"Are you okay? because you are stabbing your lunch really hard" Xanthus whispers to me, he still worries about me even after I was rude to him, "Yeah, just thinking about something..I'm sorry about what I said in your room" he ignores my apology and continues to eat his lunch.

The rest of the lunch goes without any interrogation, Josien drops her fork which catches everyone's attention, I notice Josien captures people's attention around her without putting much effort. "Aurora and I are going into town," she says to Xanthus, he freezes. "No," he answers, she opens her mouth in shock, "Why not?"

"My castle, my rules!" he says, she glares at him "You can't keep her locked in here forever you know!!  Even Rapunzel left her tower after she was locked up all her life and she ended up hating the woman--"

"Fine! One hour and you are going with guards, stay with your guards and don't try to play smart or I will go there--" Josien cuts his warning towards me, "Okay, brother" her mate chuckles.

Josien loops her arms around mine after lunch and places a kiss on her mate's lips, we walk around town with six guards with us, we stop in front of a shop that says “Spa''  “Spa?” I thought you wanted to show me around" I ask.

"This is the best part of the town besides we are going to have The Talk and the spa is the best place to have the talk" she pulls me in, the ways she speaks makes me remember when my mom wants to teach me about sex education, which I always tried to avoid.

We sit down and she faces me, "I know you lied," she says, and I squirm around nervously, "W-what are you talking about?" I look around the blue colored room in panic.

"I know you are lying. You are hiding something from my brother, but it's okay if you are not ready to tell anyone just make sure you tell him before he hears from someone else, it won’t be a pretty sight" she finishes with a smile and I sigh.

"Thanks, " I say, minutes later Josien's mate enters the room with two kids, the boy seems to be around thirteen and the girl seems to be around six. "Mom!" the girl runs to her and I hear her release a sigh, "They scared the babysitter away...again"

"Archer! Amelie!" she says trying to sound angry but amusement is clear in her tone. "Marlon, why did you bring here and how did you find us?" The kids stare at me, I feel really awkward.

"You are my mate and you bear my mark, I'd be able to find you anywhere." awwn, Josien blushes, Marlon proceeds to kiss her, but Archer interrupts "uh...guys your kids are still here," he says with a grimace.

Marlon glares at him and Josien chuckles, "Tonight" she whispers to Marlon clearly not low enough since I heard it loud and clear Archer also heard it, he frowns deeply and muttered "demons"

"Mommy, can I do my nails? huh? huh? mommy? Can I do my nails? Pleaseeee?” the little girl asks repeatedly, "No, you will end up licking the nail polish like last time,"

"Why do you smell like a human?" Archer sniffs me, I hate it when people sniff me I mean it makes me self-conscious "Archer, it's rude to sniff people!" Josien yells, immediately Archer stares at me apologetically.

"I am human" I shrug, "And you are not a slave?!" He asks curiously, "No, Xanthus is my mate" I answer and his eyes grow big.

"Really?! Cool! I can't wait to find my mate" he says the last part dreamily. Everyone smiles at the brown-haired boy.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

We hit 1k+!

╲╭━<━━╮╲╲
╲┃╭╮╭╮┃╲╲
┗┫┏━━┓┣┛╲
╲┃╰━━╯┃ ╲
╲╰┳━━┳╯╲╲
╲╲┛╲╲┗╲╲╲

I'm so happy, chocolates for everyone!

Don't forget to;

Vote

Comment

Share

And

Follow.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤