Chapter 09: Trainer's End?

"Put on your training attire and meet me in the yard in ten," then he walks out, closing the door softly behind him

"Put on your training attire and meet me in the yard in ten," then he walks out, closing the door softly behind him. That's how it's been since I recently recovered from the poison two weeks ago.

Xanthus barely speaks any words to me, only short sentences, and seems forced, hell, we hardly eat together and he never lets me leave the room. I'm grateful he isn't paying attention to me because it gives me enough room to plan an epic escape.

After my altercation with Korina's mate I have decided Demons are creatures far from humans, they might look like us but their minds don't function the way ours do. I mean he had just met me and demanded I respected him, which leaves me to wonder how she survived with him.

Xanthus was worse as it is, but Dorian seems worse than him.

I sigh as I adjust the straps of my sports bra hissing when my fingers skims the almost gone injury on my shoulder, the gash on my stomach seems to heal faster than the one on my shoulder. The healer then explained the shoulder was more vulnerable to Demon attacks than any other part of my body.

Pulling the end of my bun so my hair is tight, I walk out the room. Even here in Dapphion, I can tell winter is fast approaching which means Christmas is just around the corner. There's barely any sun and the nights are always cold, it would soon start snowing.

A dark cloud appears in my mind, I couldn't let Christmas be without my family—it's never happened and I don't plan for it to happen now. We love Christmas and snow, Isabelle, Ernest, and I all played snow games outside.

I really do miss them.

Xanthus stands near the tree wearing black bottoms and is shirtless, my eyes take in the sight—how tight his muscles are. He might not be very muscular but he sure does give his body extra attention, the bottom hangs loosely around his slim waist exposing his V-line, and his arm muscles flex as he lights a plank.

I step closer to him, his blue eyes don't have that electric line I love seeing—instead it looks like he is trying to hide something. I can see the storm rising in his eyes and it sends a low shiver down my back.

"Can you make the weather more friendly to train?" I ask with a tint of playfulness in my tone as I rub my arms.

He barely spares me a glance as he speaks, "I'm not the weatherman."

I let out a forced laugh. "That's a really nice joke!" I clap in the process. Xanthus doesn't look impressed, he takes the plank and breaks it into two with his thigh then hands them to me.

I frown. "I don't know how to fight with two weapons."

"You'll learn to." He answers coldly, before I take a stance I feel him push my knee to the floor with his plank. I lose my balance and turn to see him behind me.