Chapter 20: Reunited

WARNING! XANTHUS WILL BE PAINTED BAD IN THIS CHAPTER! ALL WILL BE REVEALED LATER! With that out of the way, enjoy! 😘

"Isabelle?"

"B-but how is she dead? My parents told me she had a fever. As far as I know, a fever isn't capable of taking a person's life--" I face the other side of the bed to throw up, a black slimy substance comes out of my mouth.

"What's happening to me?" I cry, Josien rubs my back. "Fever? That's what you were told? You don't remember, do you?" I shake my head,

Logan sighs in annoyance, "He took your memories away" Logan shakes his head.

"Logan..." Josien starts, "No! He took away her memories and marked her. Is this okay for you?!" Logan exclaims, I feel the nape of my neck burn and I rub it but flinch when I feel a bandage there, that must be where he marked me.

"I'm not saying it's okay, but telling her everything right now isn't okay either!" Josien yells at Logan, "Look, my brother is hurt at the moment, I promise he will come around and feel bad for marking you the way he did. Please don't give up" she says and leaves the room.

Logan places his hand on my head and closes his eyes, "W-what are you doing?" I ask, "Shh, I'm returning your memories" everything then comes rushing back. My birthday, the reflection of a demon I saw when I went to the bathroom at the party.

When I got home from the party, Isabelle holding me close to her, Xanthus pulling me into a portal after he pushed my sister down the stairs! By now tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"H-he killed her" I sob, "Yes, yes he did" Logan pulls me into a hug and I cry on his shoulders.

"There's a way to bring her ba--" I throw up the same slimy substance, I grimace, "It's the mark, he must be with another female" I groan as my mark burns again.

"Th--" I interrupt Logan, "What were you saying?" I'm not in the mood to think about Xanthus right now, all I care about is my sister.

"She can be brought back to life, my brother can help, but she will be bound to another mystical creature" Logan warns, "C-can I see her?" I ask, wiping my tears away, "We'll have to teleport to the hospital she is in" I nod.

Logan opens his arms after he placed his jacket around my shoulders to hide the bandage and the little blood drops on my dress, "Close your eyes" he whispers.

I close my eyes and when I reopen my eyes, I realize we are at the back of the hospital, "If we teleported to the front it would be weird" Logan says, and leads me inside.

I see my dad reassuring my mom, "Mom, Dad" I cry, they lift up their heads, my mom is the first to hug me and I bite my lips so I don't cry from the sudden pain, "Rory, y-you're really here. Rick, it's really her" my mom cries as my father hugs us both.

When the hug becomes tighter I cry out and they let me go, "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask as I take my seat forgetting about Logan, "We didn't want you to worry," My mom cries.

"W-what's wrong? You've had a pained expression since you've entered and why are you wearing a jacket? Are you okay?" I stop my dad before he asks me another question, "Nothing is wrong, I'm wearing a jacket because... It's a new style in Dapphion, and yes I'm okay" I give a fake smile.

"Can I see Isabelle?" I ask before my dad could ask another question that I would probably have no choice but to tell them what happened, I don't want to bother them with my problems.

"Yeah, sure. She is still in a coma" My mom leads me to her room, I frowned, Logan told me she's dead, how is she in a coma if she's dead? "I'll go in with Logan" my parents finally paid attention to Logan who waved at them.

We enter her room and I cry out, her once red cheeks are paler than snow, her skin is ice cold and even her brown hair looks dead, I blink away my tears, Logan places a bottle of something on her lips.

"what's that?" I ask, he doesn't answer, a brown strand of her hair turns red, "L-Logan what the hell are you doing?" I panic, her skin returns to its normal color and her hair has the life it once had.

she looks almost back to normal, "What's that? Why does she have that red color In her hair?" I ask.

"That's what binds her to the mystical creature" Logan answers.

"What mythical creature?"

"I don't know" I stagger a bit when I feel dizzy, my mark burns harder, "Logan" I cry. Logan removes his jacket and opens the bandage at that moment my parents enter my mom is the first to gasp.

"What happened? Did you fall?" My dad has a furious expression on his face, while I cry, my body is hot, I feel like I'm on flames, "Why am I hot Logan?" I cry.

"He marked her," My dad says angrily, my mom cries.

"We have to get back, the distance between the two of you isn't good for you" Logan pulls me closer to him and I push him away feeling worse in his arms, "I'm not ready to go! I just saw my family again and who knows when I'll be able to come back" I say.

"No, no sweetie you have to go. I promise we'll try to pay you a visit, please go with him, let him take care of your mark and when we meet again you'll tell us everything" I hug my parents one last time before Logan pulls me into a portal.

When I open my eyes, I see we are back at the hospital in Dapphion, I push Logan away when I feel uncomfortable in his arms, "Thank you and sorry about your jacket" I say as I lay on the bed.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

I gave a warning at the beginning, so...

I have no idea why Xanthus is acting like this😪

And Logan... I also have no idea why he is acting nicely.

If you have any questions, leave a comment here:

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love y'all!

Edited by: parkjungkook_90