Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears

Tartarus; a place that makes even the strongest demon cower in fear, it's known as a prison for rogue creatures to be punished

Tartarus; a place that makes even the strongest demon cower in fear, it's known as a prison for rogue creatures to be punished. It is said that there's no escaping Tartarus once you've been banished there—it is said to be the curliest way a king could ever deal with a traitor.

Since it's only a creature with high power that can open the portal to Tartarus I'm honestly shocked why rogue demons are suddenly attacking Dapphipon.

Rogue demons are the worst kind of demons to be created, they are more feral than sane demons. They have no consciousness with no regard for any form of life, according to the teachings young hunters were told; Tartarus turned sane demons into insane ones with hard punishmentst.

And if they by any means escape the hell they are known to bring nothing but destruction, which escapes the worry swirling in the eyes of the lord of Dapphion though I can see him trying to stay calm for his men.

That's the thing about being king, you can't show your emotions—he is trying to hide his emotions, and his people are being attacked by rouge demons that seem to have been released somehow.

He obviously didn't open a portal for them which only means someone else did.

Someone who wants to see Dapphion go down to the depths of Tartarus.

"How did they escape?" I ask the lean man—Ric, I learned his name is.

He crosses his arms, his eyes trying to pick a knife, "Beats me, I wonder how they managed to escape the guardian of Tartarus. The king didn't command for their release," he says as he picks up two knives with a shrug he stacks them into his wait bag or pad, I couldn't really tell.

Other warriors too picked their weapons just as Xanthus turns to me, "Do not leave, stay up in our room and wait for me." He speaks the last part slowly in a low tone.

His blue flamed eyes beg me to not argue with him and I'd be foolish and selfish to argue with a king when there's an attack in his kingdom.

I press my lips in a thin line and nod, a spark of little anger almost makes me yell at him when he orders two men of his warriors to stay with me. I understand his lack of trust in me. I'm just angered that he thinks two men would be strong enough to stop me from engaging in this fight.

A chance to slay rogue demons, I have been training my whole life for it and I'd be a fool to pass the offer off.

The two bulky men with spears stay at each side while I walk my way up to the room- "You're humans." I note, maybe Xanthus is beginning to trust me since he put humans as my guards.

Did he really think they'd be able to hold me from running away?

They don't provide me an answer so I pull out a blade I had snuck into my pants while Ric was deciding which weapon he wanted, with a little spin I draw a circle with the knife a small satisfied smile makes way to my lips when I hear the men hiss and try not to cuss at me.