Chapter 14

I went back to the mat, where the boy was making rude comments of something, but I didn't pay any attention to it. "This is round two people! The songs chosen are from the 'Shake it up!' series! Let the match begin!" said the 'anchor'. The theme song of the series by Selena Gomez started up. With the new energy I had just caught hold of, I could follow the arrows better. It was like me and the mat were connected and I knew which arrow was going to glow. "But- but how?" I could hear the 'God' guy say when the next song was a fast song. Apparently, the current speed of watching the arrows AS WELL AS dancing at the same time is more than the speed of following of an average person. "You! You can't beat me!" he said, now panting because he was losing energy. At that very moment, the lights in the room went off completely, and I heard some people gasp. I wondered why but soon realized. The colored parts of the hair of me and my friends were glow in the dark! "Sweet!" I whispered while moving in perfect sync with 'Something to Dance for' by Zendaya. I could see on my left that the 'God' was already out of breath but then he fell, and couldn't move his feet cuz he was too tired.

"You can't! How!" he said, still lying on the floor. The lights were switched back on again. "Now I think you learnt your lesson. Don't look down on people who aren't as good as you. If I see this again, don't think I'll go as easy as I went today." I said, and went back to where the boys were sitting. "Remind me never to get on your bad side." said Nate and I laughed. "Yes I will. Let's go." and I took my bag with me, Leo behind me and the twins in front of me. When we were almost out the door, there was a loud shout like a battle cry, but before I could turn back to see what it was, I saw Leo blocking the arm of the anchor guy, and then he said, "Don't even think about touching her!" and pushed him back. He walked back to where the three of us were standing. "What was that about?" Greg asked. "The jerk was gonna hit Kiara. I saw him first and pushed him off." he said, but for some reason he didn't speak further of the topic, so we left it there.

"Hungry anyone?" Nate asked to break the silence. "Sure" said Leo. We went to KFC and after ordering what we wanted, sat at a table. "How did it feel to beat that guy in Dance Mat?" asked Greg. "It was pretty good. Anyway, someone needed to put him in his place." I said simple. I took out my phone and saw a text from Amaya.

"Hey girl! Wanna have a chat? We still need to complete today morning's conversation!" said the text. "Sure! I'll see if I can FaceTime you right now!" I texted back. "Hey guys, you can start eating. I'm gonna talk to my friend. Nate give me your earphones." I said to the twins who sat in front of me. Leo had gone to wash his hands or something, but he came back that moment and sat in the empty chair next to me. I plugged the earphones in and called Amaya. After two rings she picked up.

"KC!!!!! Your hair!!!!!!" she shouted again. She was the most energetic girl I had ever seen! "Amaya, I prefer if you don't keep shouting every time you call me!" i said with a laugh. "Sorry! It's just that I miss you too much! Where on earth are you? Weren't you supposed to move to some house or something? And why is your hair pink! It wasn't this morning!" she said. "Okay, I'll answer each question as long as you don't piling them up on me!" I said. She nodded and so I began. "I'm in the mall. And yes I already moved my stuff to the house. And-" but Greg interrupted me. "Our house!" I glared at him. "Who's that?" Amaya said. "Friend-"

"And roommates!" said Nate. I looked up and glared at them. Leo was eating but he still spoke. "Don't annoy her!" I saw that he was seen slightly in the frame of the phone. "How many people are you even with!" Amaya said. "Three." and then I pulled out my earphones and turned the phone to the twins. "These are the twins: Greggory and Nathaniel" and then pointed the phone to Leo. "And this is Leo." I said. "Hey! I'm Amaya! KC's best friend and ex-roommate from LA!" I noticed that Greg had literally frozen when I turned the screen to him. I nudged Leo in the side, he looked at me in surprise. "Look in the front!" I said with my eyes. It took a second for him to realize what I meant, but then he laughed silently. "What are you laughing about?" Nate asked. "Oh nothing!" Leo said, and got back to eating. "Love the hair by the way! Never thought that pink looks SOOO good on you! I mean like, now it would perfectly match the dress that I sent you when you reached there!" she said.

"Dress?" Leo asked. "Yeah! You weren't here that day remember?" Greg seemed to have finally broken out of his stance. "You mean the day you got-" Leo said accidently. "The day you got what?" Amaya asked. "Oh ummm, he means the day we got our new gadgets!" I said, telling the first thing that came to my mind. "Oh...ok... Anyway, Mom said that she needs help in the kitchen. I'll talk to you later. Bye guys! And I swear if you don't take care of Kiara, I'll come there personally and deal with you!" she said, and before she could say further, "Ok bye!" and I cut it off. "Hey KC, could you, uh, give me, ummm, her ph-phone number?" Greg said, and I could a tinge of pink in his cheeks. I shook my head while smiling. "Just eat!" I said.