Chapter 22

"WHAT? Born with it?" Leo said, getting up. "It sounds crazy!" I said, getting up too. "If we were born with it, why didn't we know it before?" Nate asked. "Because like any other feature, it all starts developing when you're becoming an adult." he said. "Since I'm no magic expert, I can't provide full information about this. But I do know that your emotion affects the control of powers." he said. "Yeah, we've already learnt about that." I said silently such that only the boys could hear. Greg smiled and Leo almost started laughing. "Cullen are you done? I need to talk to them." said the voice of Chief Harris from the door. "Yes sir. I have just finished explaining what I have found out this past week. You can take the stage now." and on that note, Dr. Cullen left and Chief walked in.

"Congratulations on learning your powers. You better learn to control them. You're all sitting in class next week." he said seriously. "Oh great!" said Greg. "I want you to gain complete control of your power by this week's end. No one should know of it. Understood?" he said. "Yes sir!" we said together. "Dismissed. And your textbooks and things will be delivered to your house later." he said and when we were about to leave the building when he stopped us again. "You may want to get different names for your new, well, transformations." he said, smiled and went inside again. "He knows about that?" I asked and groaned. "'Course he does! He's Harris!" said Nate and we got into the car to head home again. 

"Names? How are we going to come up with 'names'?" Greg said. I kept quiet because I didn't want to bring up what Black Fox had told me that day. "Hey, you ok? Why are you so quiet?" Leo asked, noticing that I was quiet. "Oh, it's nothing. I'm kinda hungry." I said. "That's not the thing. Something else is bugging you. It's alright, I won't ask you." he said and went to the kitchen. I smiled after him. Greg gave a cough and I came to reality again. "Well, if we want to become these superheroes, we actually need superhero names." said Nate and fell flat on the sofa. "The names should be related to our powers too. But I still don't believe their actually inborn!" shouted Leo from where he was.  "Yeah, it's kinda weird. I mean like if they were inborn how did our parents not tell us abo- HOLY!" Greg shouted and all three of us looked at him. "I. Did. Nothing. And that happened!" he said. I looked around the room. All the papers from the shelf and some other stuff had fallen. "What did you do Greg? It's like a hurricane just hit this place!" I said. "That's the thing! I mean like, I can control my telekinesis perfectly, but it's like a crazy wind blew from my hand!" he said and looked at his palms. 

"I think I know what's going on!" I said and went over to him. "Don't you get it? Leo got the power to  control water, and me, fire. Greg's got air!" I said. "That's a clever theory, Kiara." said Nate and went over to set the flower vase which had fallen over right. "JESUS!" he cried. "What now?" said Leo, coming out of the kitchen, his face first annoyed, but then surprised. I went to take a look only to see the flower grow at least 3 times its size! "I, am losing my mind!" I said and went for a drink of water. Leo came into the kitchen. "Well, that's four elements I guess!" he said, smiled at me and then left. "Yeah."  I said and went up to my room. 

Later that evening, I was the only one downstairs when the door bell rang. I saw the door-cam only to see the postman from HQ. "Your agent code?" I asked him. "214365!" he said, looked around and then took out a package from behind him. "Package for Leo, Greg, Nate and KC from Mr. Harris!" he said and left. With some struggling of trying not to burn anything, with balls of fire floating under it, I lifted the package and put it in the hall. "That, was some good levitation tactic." said a voice from the stairs. "Thanks! Better start studying then huh?" I said. He smiled and took out his pile of books, sat on the couch and started reading them. 

I went back up to my room with my own books. Our plan for the college stuff was like this. "Hey Lexi, could you record this and add it to the safe please?" I said and Lexi started my recording hologram.