Chapter 48

"Just excited for you." he said and put me down again. "Happy birthday again. I have something for you." he said. "Wait what?" I said. He stood behind me, and put his hand on my shoulder. "Relax. I'm not going to do anything stupid." I relaxed immediately, but my heartbeat increased as I felt him push my hair to one shoulder. And then, I felt something cold against my throat. I looked down to see it, and immediately lost myself in it. "It's beautiful." I whispered, and turned back to look him in the eye. It was a sparkly water droplet necklace. And in the light, it shone brightly. "Thank you." I said and immediately jumped to hug him tight. He wrapped his arm around me with a laugh. "Glad you like it." he said. After a while, we pulled away, and I wanted to say something when the door burst open and some more teenagers came in. I zoomed to the other side of the room before they could realize it, and started on the streamers for the windows. 

"Leo!!!!" I heard the familiar shriek and shook my head. I felt bad, but I didn't want to show it. After putting up the rolls of streamers I had, I sat in the middle of room on a chair, hood up, just scrolling through my emails, to delete the unnecessary ones. Then I felt a harsh push, knocking me to the ground flat if I didn't have such quick reflexes. With my palm to the floor, I leaned my weight on my arm to look up who pushed me. With a swift movement, I pushed myself up to see the grinning face of Everly. I could feel my hair turning pink with anger. I narrowed my eyes. "Guess I didn't make myself clear the last time we met." I said, trying not to punch her in the face. Leo was nowhere to be seen, but the remaining kids who were there turned to stare at us. "You don't scare me." she said. I closed my eyes trying to pacify the rising fire going toward my hand. "Here. I have a gift for you!" said another girl behind Everly. She threw something at me, a burning candle. I caught it fire first in my hand. Everyone gasped. "Fire doesn't affect me. If I want, I can burn this place down in less than 10 seconds you know." I said, re-lit the candle, and then walked toward the exit. The crowd moved without me asking, and I went out for fresh air. 

I sat at the chair where Leo and I sat before going inside. Who knows how long I sat there, but the trees covered me from the remaining parts, so I spent the time making floating sparkle fires. "KC! KIARA!" I heard someone call my name. I sat up straight and made a movement so that all the sparks spread far away, disappearing. The bush in front rustled and Amaya poked her head out. "There you are! Come on! You, Reina and I are beginning the dress fitting!" she said and before I could object, pulled me towards the building. I shook my head and walked next to her. We entered our shared bedroom, and I saw three dresses spread out on the side table. "I chose these according to what I thought would match your features!" she said. "Try yours on!" she said and gave me a fire dress. "God it's beautiful." I whispered, admiring it. "You can add some features so that it would be fire proof." a voice whispered in my ear. I spun back. "You know I can modify clothes to match fire?" I asked Reina. "Yes, I do. Leo has mentioned it now and then." she said. I blushed at the mention of his name, but I turned and walked straight into the bathroom before I could embarrass myself. "Well kids, I'm going and helping the boys. Be sure to be at the party hall by 6 pm!" she said and I heard her footsteps retreat out of the room. "I can't wait to see how you'll look in that gown!!" I heard Amaya from somewhere. She was to wear a beautiful silver gown, and I could hear her heels clicking the floor. "EEEEEEEEE!" she cried out suddenly. "What's wrong?" I asked her. When she replied, it sounded like she was all excited. "I just saw Leo and the twins, holy they look hot!!!! I envy you girl!" she said. "Envy me, why?" I asked, coming out. When she saw me, her mouth fell open. I smirked and twirled for her to see the entire gown. "Well, you better close your mouth before something goes inside."  I said and laughed. "You are the prettiest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen!" she said as she took my hand in hers. "Wanna see something? Stand back, and try not to scream." I said, and stood in the middle of the room, and with a snap of my finger, the room went dark.