Chapter 28

Monday morning, I checked my bag whether I had taken everything I needed. There was a knock on my door. "Hey! You ready?" I heard Leo from outside. "Yeah! Uh give me just one sec!" I replied back and grabbed four watches from my table. I had copied the program on my watch and put it into three more. "Lexi, are you connected to the extra watches?" I asked. "Affirmative. However, on the other watches, they'll have to call me through another name so that the four of you don't get confused." she said. "Thanks." I said and pushed the door open with a sparkle fire ball. "You better give me a warning before you do that next time." he said. He was holding his own upgraded skateboard under his arm. I gave a questioning look. "I mean, the four of us can't exactly go together now, can we?" he said, smirking. I gave him a side smile. "Oh by the way, here." I said and gave him a watch having the water symbol. "What's this?" he asked. "It's a watch." I said, stating the obvious. "Yeah, I know that, but why give me one?" he said and followed me as I went towards the twins rooms. "It's the upgraded one. I created one for all of us so that we don't have to keep taking our phones out every two minutes if we find something. But you need to find your own name for your PA." I said and knocked on both Nate's and Greg's room at the same time. They opened the door almost immediately. "Hey KC, Sup?" Greg said. "Both of you, take this." I handed their respective element signed watched. "Oh is this the upgraded watch you made?" Nate asked me. I nodded. "Oh and I forgot one more thing. Your watches are also waterproof, and is kinda connected to internet as well." I said and walked to the ground floor to get my own skateboard.

"We better go, or we're going to be late for the first day of college!" I said and ran out the door. "Alright alright! So you guys can take the car!" I heard Leo shout before he joined me outside. "Let's go!" I said and pushed myself again, Leo following behind me. "You're actually pretty good at skateboarding." he said as he caught up to my pace. "I had a lot of experience and practice." I said. "Show me some tricks one day?" he asked. "Of course." I said. "So did you decide a name for your PA?" I asked him. "Yeah, I think Macy or something like that." he said, and crossed a rock and then came back next to me. "I think that'll be fine." I said and raised my watch. "Lexi! Connect to Macy would you?" I said. Leo's watch beeped. "Established secure connection to Lexi and Leo's phone." said the voice on his phone. "Hello Leo. I'm Macy! Pleasure to help you!" she said. "You too!" he said. "Lexi, could you pop up our schedules on our screens please?" I said. "Affirmative." and a table popped up in front of my eyes. "First period?" I asked him. "Biology." he said. "Same!" I said, kinda happy, though no complete idea why. As we reached the school gate, I hesitantly walked in. "Hey! Look at me." said Leo and I turned to him. He looked at me closely with his blue eyes. "You'll be great." he said. "And I'll always be there for you." he whispered. I smiled at him and felt more sure than I had before reaching there. "You know what? I'll be fine. Come on, Leo! Let's go!" I said and pulled him inside. "And she's back!" he said laughing. "Let's get to class!" 

We reached the class and I was immediately greeted by Grace putting her arms around. "Hey!" she said. "Hi to you too!" I said and laughed. She reminded me a lot about Amaya. I see Leo and Martin fist bump. But the atmosphere felt empty without the twins. "Hey! It's you!" a voice shouted from the middle of the class. "The girl from the mall!" and half the people clapped. "Great job that day!" some shook my hand as if I had just won some award or something. I stood on my tip-toes to whisper into Leo's ear. "It's kinda weird!" I said. He nodded as he looked around. "Come here!" and he pulled me to two empty seats. Now all we had to do was wait for the teacher to come. I closed my eyes and laid back for a while. But was interrupted when someone almost pushed me off my seat. "Watch where you sit!" I heard an annoyingly familiar voice. Opening my eyes, I look up to see the famous 'Dance God'. I looked to my right but don't find Leo there. I shook my head. "I will, if you watch where you go." I said and then simply turned to read the book which I left open. But was immediately slammed shut by a hand. "What did you just say?" he said again. "I said what I said." I simply replied. "Don't think I've forgotten about the last time we met." he said. "Oh pity, it completely slipped my mind." I replied sarcastically. But I was pulled to my feet by my collar. "Don't think that just because you're a girl I won't fight you." he growled. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I heard a voice behind the boy. I looked over and see Leo, fists on his sides clenched. "Put her down." he said, a tone of anger in his voice. The boy put me down but turned to Leo. "And who do you think you are? Do you have a death-wish?" he asked, but that made me angry. I wanted to prevent him from talking further nonsense, and I thought of a perfect thing. 

I smiled and joined my palms. Concentrating hard, I pointed my index finger to the shoe of the boy. A small harmless sparkle circled around his foot. "FIRE!" shouted the person who sat in front of me. The boy looked down at his foot and screamed like a little girl. He threw his bag to a corner and tried taking off his shoe. I tried so hard not to laugh, since I knew that the fire wouldn't actually hurt him at all! It took a few seconds for Leo to realize it was me, but when he did, he came back to his seat and looked at me. "What did you do?" he whispered. "Oh nothing! He was annoying me, so I added a little glamour to the surroundings!" I said, still trying not to laugh. I turned back to my book but I felt my chair being pulled. 

"You're amazing, you know that?" Leo said softly, looking at me with eyes that would literally melt me, that had nothing to do with fire. A big smile grew on my face. "I know I am!" I said, and he shook his head laughing. "You better not have given yourself away!"  he said, and opened his own book. The teacher walked in at that time. "I'm always careful!" I whispered back.