Chapter 24

"Wake up sleepyheads! We better start training as early as possible! We've also got student orientation at college this Saturday!" I was woken up by a shadow falling straight on my face. "Ugh! Is this the way to wake someone up!" i heard a morning voice from next to me. Nate was standing on top of me, Greg on Leo. "You better hope I don't burn you the next time you do that!" I said, and got up, and stretched. "Oh well, if you can!" he said and tried walking away, but I caught his collar. "DO you want me to try?" i asked. "I'm sorry! No! You can put me down now!" he said and ran. "Darn brother." said Greg. "What were you two doing up here anyways?" he asked us. Leo and I shouted together. "Nothing!" 

"Well, get changed and have breakfast. We're getting into power control in 30 minutes in the basement!" said Greg and he left. I looked at Leo one last time before going back into my room to have a shower. I had a look at the training suit Nate had given me last night. I changed into it, and stood in front of the mirror. "Wait seriously?" I whispered as I looked at my back and my sleeves. There was a symbol of fire over it. It looked beautiful. Then, I rushed to the basement. "Who designed these?" i said. "Us, yesterday." said the twins together. "These rock!" I said and turned round. "I love the elemental designs though! They're standing out so well!" I said. "Well, we made it depending on our element. Like for you, we have to make it light weight and fire sorta proof." said Greg. "I love them!" I said, and went to the corner and let out sparks of fire.

"I can never get enough of your sparkle fire!" said Nate and came over to me. "I've learnt to do something. Just stand there and don't even think about moving!" i said. I stood in front of him and put my hands straight at him. "WHAT THE-" he shouted as I let out streams and streams of harmless fire from my hands. After two minutes, I stopped and put my hands on my knees. "How did you survive that!?" Greg came running and stood in shock. "That didn't hurt at all!" said Nate and ran around the basement. "I'm still alive!!!" he shouted. 

Twenty minutes later, the four of us had finished warming up and we were going to begin to check how we can get Leo to run as slow as a normal person. "If you two are getting into the Sport department, you'll definitely have practical classes, which results in running laps for warming up." said Greg. "Yeah, and hence you need to control your speed Leo. We can't risk anyone finding out. What's the slowest you can go?" asked Nate and took a tablet from the table. Leo got into the running position and ran in his 'slowest' speed, which is slightly faster than normal racers.

"I need to make a sort of connection or I need a distraction if I want to go in a normal speed!" he said, stopping near us. "I have an idea!" I said and stood next to Leo. "Ready when you are." I whispered. He gave me a side-smile, and I got into position to fly straight around the track. Fire flooded my arms and legs and hair. "Ready? Three...Two...One...GO!" Greg shouted and we took off. I shot out like a fire ball out of a canon, Leo behind me. I turned to him. "Slow down a bit." I said. "You do realize that is possible because you're literally on fire right now?" he said, looking straight at me, slowing down a little. "It doesn't hurt me at all." I said and smiled. "You're kinda reminding me of Carol Danvers right now." he said. "Captain Marvel? No I'm not as great as her!" i said. He had started going in a normal person's speed and I was happy that it worked. After 3 laps, we stopped near the twins. "How did I do?" Leo asked them. They just smiled. "It worked like a charm!" said Greg. "Since you've slowed down now, you can control your speed. Good job Leo!" said Nate. 

"Let's begin with Greg now!" said Nate and we went on with training ourselves for the next few hours.