Chapter 18

*Nate's pov at the same time KC was out test-driving*

After sending Kiara the map, I fell on the couch, tired because I worked on the bike all morning. "Hey! Where's KC? I thought she was here just a while back." said Greg to me. "Oh, she went out for the test dri-" i was telling him, but before I could complete, there was an extremely loud siren beeping from the basement. "ATTENTION! ATTENTION! FIRE ALERT! FIRE ALERT!" Leo came running down, and the three of us ran to the basement. "Fire? What?" Leo said. "Rider ejected. Rider ejected." repeated the siren. "Rider ejected? Nate what's going on?" Greg asked. I ran to the big screen on one side. "Oh no! It's KC. Something's wrong. We need to find her!" I said, as I saw that KC was ejected from the bike somewhere near a construction site. "Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go!" said Leo and zoomed faster than the wind to the car's driver seat. Using the tracker I had installed, we started towards where the bike actually was.

*KC's pov*

I was thrown out of my seat and I went flying towards the building. "Ok! OK! I got this! Control it! Balance yourself!" I stopped floating, and I heard screams and shouts. What on earth was going on? And since when could I shoot balls of fire!? But all thoughts aside. The lady was still in danger. I went for a dive and stopped right above the lady. Pushing my palms forward, I put all my energy to the front. I could feel a force field forming around the pile of pipes, preventing them from falling. Pushing them away to one corner, i went to the lady. "Ma'am, are you alright?" I asked her. She was shaking. "Thank you. Who are you?" she asked me. I just gave her a small smile. Before I could speak, another few metal stuff came flying at us. Quickly, but carefully pushing away all the people crowded , I rose up again and created the force field again and there was a blinding light. it slowly faded away, and I realized that the light was coming from me. Streaks of pink fire was rolling around me, and I tried keeping everything that was flying around in their original places while standing on an invisible surface. But from far away, I could hear a evil laugh. My neck immediately clicked to that direction, and I saw the last person I wanted to see. The Black Fox. With a flash, he was standing right in front of me. "Hello Sparkle."

Everything flying around stopped in mid air. Sparkle was the nickname my parents used to call me. "My main aim wasn't to kill your parents love." he said, coming closer to me. He stopped laughing. "I wanted to kill you." he said and I felt a sharp blade pass straight through my stomach. "AHHHHHHHH" I screamed and I felt myself going higher, my arms stretch, and then I had no control over myself. All I felt was my arms turning into wings, and me going straight at the Black Fox was the last thing I know.

*Nate's pov*

Leo was quite in a hurry and we stopped at the construction site where the location showed us. There was a huge crowd of people in the middle of the street, all looking up to the sky. "What on earth is going on?" Greg said, getting out of the car. "More like what's going up!" I said and after putting up our masks, we went towards the crowd. I looked up myself. I could see two figures surrounded by debris, floating in the air. One was surrounded by fire, the other by well, nothing. "What's going on?" I asked one of the people in the crowd. "The girl who's floating saved an old lady, and prevented those stuff from falling. Now we have no idea what's going on. There's a man there, and then we don't know." she ran off, and Leo suddenly looked at us. "That's no ordinary man. It's the Black Fox and that's Kiara!" he said. "Since when can she blow fire? And since when can he fly?" I heard Greg say. But then few people screamed. We looked back up again. A big ball of fire was forming into something. "Is- is that a-!" Greg stopped talking. The ball of fire was transforming into a winged something. "A phoenix?" I said. "GREG! STOP THIS STUFF FROM FALLING!" I shouted aloud. The fire phoenix went straight for the Fox. "We need to get her down!" Leo shouted over the break of chaos. I nodded and we ran to the building. We were about to think of something when Greg said, "I don't think you need to think for now!" and surely, we saw KC slowly falling to the ground.